Mini Cooper Connector Help by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
Some low life scum has nicked the side repeaters off my girlfriends mini coupe. The one has been yanked removing the connector and leaving bare wire so I need to find a connector.

Can anyone identify where I could get one. They look similar to some on the ZT and 75s but not sure.

Just after one. They plug straight into the light fitting so don't really want to be soldering.

2015-08-18 20.38.35.png
2015-08-18 20.38.21.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 19:40 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Also can the car be used without them? Legally speaking of course.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 20:44 #2 

Duncan
The connectors are used on 75s I'm sure. Heated washer jets for one, but probably side repeaters too. MQS terminals so you can crimp them on. Pretty sure I have some in the garage but I'll have to look tomorrow.

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 21:19 #3 

raistlin
Yes, you can continue to use the car David. Repeaters are not additional to the statutory direction indication equipment.

I've seen connectors like those on the 75 as well but precisely where escapes me at the moment.

Don't forget that I have the appropriate crimping tool if required :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Aug 2015, 21:48 #4 

Mad-Monkey
Thanks chaps. Spoke to a breakers today who reckon they have everything I need so I've ordered them including a connector. I'll check the others you mentioned Duncan just in case.

Thanks Paul she'll be happier now. She got a lift this morning just in case!

Posted 19 Aug 2015, 12:13 #5 

PaulT
Always think that when someone is 'done' for, say, vandalising a car then after, say 20 years, officials should turn up at their home and say 'remember when you vandalised that car, well it is final payback time, we are officially going to vandalise your car'.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 19 Aug 2015, 21:15 #6 

Borg Warner
Now I've never understood vandalism, be it scrawling one's name on the desk at school (what was it we used to see, "somebody" woz 'ere?) this sort of thing or the example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyHM5fG5Kx8

Hope the connectors work OK and it's sorted quickly for you Dave.

Gary M.

Posted 20 Aug 2015, 09:20 #7