Midlands Nano Meet Sat 11 & Sun 12 May by Trebor (Page 1 of 6)

Trebor
The first Midlands Nano meet of the year is coming up fast for a weekend at the Four Ashes, Wolverhampton on Saturday 11 & Sunday 12 May.

It will be the usual plan with cars being looked at starting Saturday morning, followed by a meal in the pub for those that want it on Saturday evening, back outside for a laugh and chat around the camp fire, plus on this occasion there is a good chance of a late BBQ.

Sunday morning will be more of the same looking at cars and we will finish in the afternoon usually around 5pm.

There will be at least 1 T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) diagnostics computer present and most probably 2

Camping is free for those that want it on both Friday and Saturday or either of, and there are also plenty of places in the area for an overnight stay on a B&B basis, plus 2 excellent truckstop cafes if anyone wants to visit

If you are not familiar with nano meets take a look around our website below for all the information you need with places to stay on the links page, and the full address and postcode of the meet venue

If you intend to have a Saturday evening meal we normally go in as a group to eat, but have to let the pub owner have the meal orders in advance to help the kitchen staff. The latest Four Ashes menu is on the nano website via the page " more " on the right hand side of the top toolbar so please post your meal orders so I can collect them in before the meet

If you intend to come to the meet please put your names down, it doesnt matter which 75/ZT group or forum you belong to as all are welcome. We do need an idea of numbers so please post names, tell us if you will attend on Saturday, Sunday or both, if you will be camping , and if you have a job to do on your car at the meet it will also help if you can indicate what that is.

As we had to cancel the first nano meet recently at our other venue at Teddybears we are all really looking forward to this one and with your help it will be another success.

Attending:

Trebor ( both days )
Paul ( both days )
Duncan ( both days and camping )
Mick (both days probably) If it promises to be a fine weekend I'll bring the tent.
Jürgen (probably both days) Definitely not camping, says he's straight. :D :D
Carl Penn
Dattrike ( both days and camping)
Gren 24 (Sunday )
Rover418275 (Saturday and Sunday camping)
Bluebird ( Sat pm and Sunday )
David ( Monk - Saturday only )
Arctic
Ceedy
Takestock
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 20:07 #1 

Last edited by Trebor on 09 May 2013, 08:29, edited 8 times in total.

raistlin
OK. You've twisted my arm Rob. I'll be there :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 20:15 #2 

Duncan
I'm planning to be there, camping. If there's going to be anyone else, probably Friday too. T4 will be there.

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 20:17 #3 

Trebor
thanks guys, adding your names is just like getting the furniture into position !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 20:31 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Damnit, talked me into it. :D

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 20:55 #5 

carlpenn
Not 100% Sure If I can stay overnight as Tina is on Nightshift :( So may be just Saturday for a couple of Hours - Cursed again I am :( Was gonna rent out the spare Room in my Tent for the night LOL !!
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 21:03 #6 

Trebor
name added Carl thanks
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 21:13 #7 

dattrike
I'll be there, camping.
Will bring the promised bits (Nuts 75 and Monk)
Looking forward to it!

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 22:09 #8 

Trebor
dattrike wrote:I'll be there, camping.
Will bring the promised bits (Nuts 75 and Monk)
Looking forward to it!

Good man another camper !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 17 Apr 2013, 18:15 #9 

Gren 24
Will you put me on the list for Sunday.Steve is doing hand brake compensator for me Willing to give a hand on any jobs.
Les

Posted 18 Apr 2013, 17:11 #10 

Trebor
Ok Les done and welcome aboard
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 18 Apr 2013, 18:15 #11 

Bermudan 75
Hi Rob,

Camping Friday and Saturday.... Paul said it might take that long to fit his old Pioneer unit into my car.... :shock:

Cheers

Mike

Posted 18 Apr 2013, 18:37 #12 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:Hi Rob,

Camping Friday and Saturday.... Paul said it might take that long to fit his old Pioneer unit into my car.... :shock:

Cheers

Mike

If you run a wire in for the reverse sensor and the speed pulses before the meet Mike, it won't take too long. assuming you have a double DIN fascia.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Apr 2013, 19:36 #13 

Jürgen
Rover418275 wrote:Camping Friday and Saturday....

So I assume you'll bring THE Tent â„¢, Mike? :)

Posted 18 Apr 2013, 19:52 #14 

Gren 24
Cannot make Sunday now but will be there Saturday, looking forward to the meet.
Les Gren 24

Posted 20 Apr 2013, 08:32 #15 

Bluebird
Hi Trebor,
It has been a long time since I had contacted you reference having a pair of Power folds fitted, we will be travelling up on the Saturday and hope to be there for about midday, I shall also be there for a whole da on the Sunday. so please add my name to the list, Ta! ever so.

Regards Julien

Posted 21 Apr 2013, 08:11 #16 

Trebor
Bluebird wrote:Hi Trebor,
It has been a long time since I had contacted you reference having a pair of Power folds fitted, we will be travelling up on the Saturday and hope to be there for about midday, I shall also be there for a whole da on the Sunday. so please add my name to the list, Ta! ever so.

Regards Julien

Name added Julien,are you staying over on Saturday, if not it may be wise to do your powerfolds on Sunday as you will not be there till Saturday pm just in case not finished on Saturday when you need to go.

Have you got all the required bits, ie mirrors, switch and loom ? Its a door off job so easier if you can bring something to rest doors on as they come off and go back on as they are heavy, a milk crate is ideal or something sturdy and similar size, if not no worries as someone else at the meet may have something
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 21 Apr 2013, 10:27 #17 

Bluebird
Hi.
Thanks for the reply yes we staying overnight at a Premier Inn just down the road, I have the mirrors and the switch, but not the loom, I was led to believe Raistlin AKA (Paul) is it.
Was going to make one up for me?? could you check for me he might have forgot, if not there is a couple of other things I need looking at instead.

Regards.

Julien

Posted 21 Apr 2013, 13:48 #18 

Bermudan 75
raistlin wrote:
Rover418275 wrote:Hi Rob,

Cheers

Mike

If you run a wire in for the reverse sensor and the speed pulses before the meet Mike, it won't take too long. assuming you have a double DIN fascia.

Paul I believe that these wires are already in situ from the existing JVC unit.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 21 Apr 2013, 18:24 #19 

Jürgen
Does someone have reliable data of the weather being involved? :confused:

:mrgreen:

Posted 21 Apr 2013, 18:47 #20