It's certainly a point of view... I suppose by raistlin

raistlin
OK, this is NOT political and please don't make it so :) I just think it's so very funny... except that the chap actually meant it.

In publicising this I make no indication as to my personal views on Brexit.

However, this was the gist of a letter to my local paper last night:-

52% voted for Brexit and 48% voted against. Of all the potential voters though, 78% did not vote. This means that they are happy with the status quo and should therefore be added to the remainers vote.

Is it just me that finds this so risible?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Mar 2018, 18:40 #1 

MrDoodles
If you don't vote then your opinion is irrelevant, whichever side you are on! :whump:

Posted 20 Mar 2018, 22:44 #2 

PaulT
Wonder which way the writer of the letter voted......
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 21 Mar 2018, 21:11 #3 

Colvert
78%------??? That's about the proportion of the general public that are Brain Dead isn't it ???

Lol.------That's my experience anyway.

Posted 22 Mar 2018, 21:27 #4 

Bermudan 75
and usually the 78% that didn't vote moan about the outcome.

Posted 23 Mar 2018, 18:38 #5 

Duncan
Now this is interesting as it's political (with a small p) rather than Political. In my opinion, you have to view those who don't vote as apathetic, rather than happy with the status quo. So I have to agree that the letter writers position is indefensible. I mean I'm not particularly a fan of Status Quo, but at least you know it's Christmas when they are wheeled out again.

Posted 23 Mar 2018, 19:20 #6 

Bernard
"Groan"

Posted 25 Mar 2018, 09:42 #7 

Bolin
I think flawed logic and flawed maths.... Electoral Commission website says turnout 72.2%, meaning that 27.8% of potential voters did not vote - not 78%. (So nearly 1 in 3 didn't care/were unable to vote - good job it, er, wasn't anything too important... :-? )

Was the letter written by a Russian working in a troll factory?

Posted 30 Mar 2018, 21:01 #8