Big Brother car insurance by Gate Keeper (Page 2 of 2)

Borg Warner
Get well soon Phil.

Posted 06 Oct 2012, 17:52 #21 

Bolin
From I read of the thread on the other side, the issue involves the Admiral group of insurance providers and confused.com - the latter being owned by the former. So the insurer was not monitoring the insured's internet usage, they were simply referring to their own internal records. Which seems plausible to me.

Posted 07 Oct 2012, 18:05 #22 

bopperbrian
With regard to my post, I would like to point out that I was a member of a Motorhome/Campervan club website and there were/are members who are insurance agents and maybe that is how my situation came about. I don't know but clubs/sites like this one where members write about their vehicles can be scrutinised for possible sales targets etc: Only a suggestion....

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 09:53 #23 

Gate Keeper
Thanks Mick and Gary for those good wishes and messages of support.

Given what Bolin has said about the insured I am now inclined to take a step back from my original post and accept that the insurer had not been monitoring his internet usage. With Brian's suggestion, I wonder if insurers would be that bothered to spend time scrutinising car forums for what ever reason. I do not have the answer.

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 11:42 #24 

Jumper
Bolin wrote:From I read of the thread on the other side, the issue involves the Admiral group of insurance providers and confused.com - the latter being owned by the former. So the insurer was not monitoring the insured's internet usage, they were simply referring to their own internal records. Which seems plausible to me.

You may be right Bolin. On the basis of what was written in the OP and subsequent posts, what makes you think he used confused.com? And even if he did, would that have legitimised Elephant (his Insurers) if they had searched the database of a company under whose name they were not trading in this instance?

Posted 10 Oct 2012, 17:29 #25