Anyone notice the mistake in Endeavour? by PaulT

PaulT
Anyone else notice the mistake with one of the P6s in the last episode of Endeavour?

A series 2 car (from 1970) with the two raised 'humps' on the bonnet, broad side strips (prior to series 2 cars the only cars to receive these were the NADA 3500SAutos from 1968) Almond colour (only ever a series 2 colour) but it did have a series 1 grille.

I'll get me anorak
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Jan 2016, 08:24 #1 

Freebyrd
Yes I noticed that 'mistake'. Having owned two P6's (1968 & 1972) I'm not that well up on changes to the models. While I have my anorak on, a more blatant error is seen in ITV Marple, Sleeping Murder. Two of the characters drive around in a green Morris Traveller, the episode is set in the summer of 1951, the Traveller wasn't produced until autumn 1952!

Posted 26 Jan 2016, 10:15 #2 

Duncan
There was also a mk2 triumph 2000. I thought it might be a bit late as they came in 1969. When is Endeavour set?

Posted 26 Jan 2016, 17:44 #3 

Bolin
Yep, I noticed it too.

EDIT: I think it was set in 1967?

SECOND EDIT: The P6 did have 2 front badges, one on the S2 bonnet and one on the S1 grille.

Posted 26 Jan 2016, 18:01 #4 

Borg Warner
In Ice Cold in Alex as they drive Anthony Quayle off near the end you can clearly see a Series 1 Landy in shot. In 1941?????

Also when the ambulance is being driven up the steep slope out of the depression, it briefly appears with a two wheel drive type straight beam front axle, whereas in the rest of the sequence a four wheel drive front axle with differential case can be seen. (Side shots also show transfer box and prop shafts to front and rear axles).

Gary M.

Posted 26 Jan 2016, 18:57 #5 

Bermudan 75
Borg Warner wrote:In Ice Cold in Alex as they drive Anthony Quayle off near the end you can clearly see a Series 1 Landy in shot. In 1941?????

Also when the ambulance is being driven up the steep slope out of the depression, it briefly appears with a two wheel drive type straight beam front axle, whereas in the rest of the sequence a four wheel drive front axle with differential case can be seen. (Side shots also show transfer box and prop shafts to front and rear axles).

Gary M.

Can't say I noticed, my eyes were usually fixed on Sylvia Syms.....

Posted 26 Jan 2016, 19:02 #6 

Freebyrd
A Landy is also shown in '633 Squadron', on the cliff when the Mosquitos are attempting to hit targets on the hillside.

Posted 27 Jan 2016, 10:04 #7