Another re-call? by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Rumour has it that there are indications that VAG and BMW may have to re-call nearly all of their vehicles..........
to have the indicators wired up.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 03 Nov 2015, 18:35 #1 

PaulT
and there was me thinking it was the drivers brains that needed wiring up.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 03 Nov 2015, 20:29 #2 

Borg Warner
Couldn't resist it.

BMW Indicators.jpg

Gary M.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 03 Nov 2015, 20:54 #3 

Duncan
Found out today that it's not true that the indicators on BMWs don't work. I had to use one today to go to a meeting and I found a switch, hidden on the steering column, on the opposite side to the wiper switch. When i moved it these little orange lights flashed.

I have to say it was noticeable how other drivers reacted differently to this car!

Posted 04 Nov 2015, 18:04 #4 

MN190
It isn't just BMW's that drivers react differently to.
When I drive the Fiesta nobody notices and people don't get upset if I overtake them
The work 4x4's (warriors and similar) its a mixture of people can't get out of the way quick enough to full on no way they are giving way, usually the smaller the car the more they want the whole road.
The ZT tends to be people busting a gut to get past me.

Posted 06 Nov 2015, 20:44 #5 

Mad-Monkey
MN190 wrote:The ZT tends to be people busting a gut to get past me.

Try driving a bus :( the world and his wife have to get past you at any cost. Even at their own safety!

Posted 06 Nov 2015, 23:11 #6 

Gren 24
Mad-Monkey wrote:
MN190 wrote:The ZT tends to be people busting a gut to get past me.

Try driving a bus :( the world and his wife have to get past you at any cost. Even at their own safety!

Tell me about it, I was a Bus driver for 19yrs. I passed my test in an old 1940 DoubleDecker. One must pass the bus at all cost, no matter what.

Posted 07 Nov 2015, 17:33 #7 

Duncan
On my way to work, I often see buses coming from Burton. It surprises me quite how fast and almost aggressively they drive given the narrow roads. Doesn't seem to be an issue later in the day. Perhaps its familiarity with the roads? On the other hand there are some agricultural vehicle drivers who won't let you pass at any cost. They will pull to the left to let oncoming vehicles pass, but then pull back into the middle of the road to prevent anything passing.

Posted 08 Nov 2015, 20:51 #8 

Mad-Monkey
I think its a case of not everyone is a good driver. Sadly not everyone with a licence drives well :( If everyone had a bit more patience and care everyone would be a lot safer.

Posted 08 Nov 2015, 22:15 #9