Yet more aviation, and now there are just 10 left... by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
According to Jelle Hemming's website http://www.vc10.net/, there are now just 10 VC10s left in service.

Posted 16 Dec 2011, 12:16 #1 

RichardGarner
:cry: Everything must come to an end at some point. They just look right and sound incredible, I'm hoping at least half that amount if not all can be preserved in museums.

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 20:24 #2 

raistlin
Only time I ever travelled in one of those was being casevac'ed back from Akrotiri.

Magnificent aircraft though :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 20:32 #3 

Last edited by raistlin on 18 Dec 2011, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

podge
By a coincidence I was talking to a guy at work tonight who is about to retire and we were talking about that fab aeroplane.He managed to get on one of the final delivery flights and was recalling being on the flight deck when she overflew the airfield on arrival......gear up,fast and 15'! off the deck!!I have always had a very soft spot for this machine and am glad that I was not about when they broke them up at work(right outside our present hanger).I was lucky enough to get this book as a birthday pressy a few years back.wonderful read.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Swift-Su ... 1902236025

Posted 18 Dec 2011, 22:38 #4 

PaulT
It is a shame that the museums are static. It is in the air that they are at their best. Perhaps the fact that no Concordes will ever be seen in the air is very sad. Where I lived up until 2001 was some way from Heathrow but on the flight path. Every evening it was a treat to go outside and watch Concorde fly over having announced that it was coming by making a very different noise to any other aircraft.

Bit like steam locomotives, the difference between a static display and one steaming and in action.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 19 Dec 2011, 08:31 #5 

podge
Ah, now I am on "lates" at the moment and late last night I took my camera/tripod out onto the apron and took a shot of "The Rocket" as we afectionatly call her, she is lit up by security floodlights at the moment.

Posted 20 Dec 2011, 00:27 #6