that thing on the left by suzublu

suzublu
At last, i can scroll down without being sick! well done guys. :clap: It now stays still instead of never ending.Phew! :cheers:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 17:15 #1 

SpongeBob
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like we've got it sorted 8-)

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 18:13 #2 

takestock
Yup, sorted, now if somebody could show this PC numpty how i can tell what threads i have posted on after I click on New posts and it brings up the list.

Then once i have posted on a thread it is no longer a new post as far as I am concerned and should be removed from my new post list.

Come on Simon get cracking :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 18:20 #3 

SpongeBob
Click on "Unread posts" instead Dave ;)

"New Posts" I believe lists all posts since your last visit on the board, whether you've read them or not. Whereas Unread Posts only lists post that you haven't read yet ;)

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 18:24 #4 

Jürgen
Maybe it would make sense to move the View Your Posts link above into the menu bar, too?

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 18:36 #5 

takestock
SpongeBob wrote:Click on "Unread posts" instead Dave ;)

"New Posts" I believe lists all posts since your last visit on the board, whether you've read them or not. Whereas Unread Posts only lists post that you haven't read yet ;)

Unread posts, 21 pages of the beggers, haven't got time to go through all that.

What about being able to tell what I have replied to :panic:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 18:41 #6 

Jürgen
takestock wrote:What about being able to tell what I have replied to :panic:

That's a link below the banner. It will bring up all threads you are involved in.

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 18:53 #7 

takestock
But that list doesn't bring up any new posts that I may have an answer for or want to get involved in.

Before we changed the format of the forum there was a small black dot that signalled that you had posted on a thread. must be able to do this in present format? Is it only me that misses this aid?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 18:58 #8 

Jürgen
takestock wrote:But that list doesn't bring up any new posts that I may have an answer for or want to get involved in.

Before we changed the format of the forum there was a small black dot that signalled that you had posted on a thread. must be able to do this in present format? Is it only me that misses this aid?

This list should do it. There are all threads, you ever posted in. Blue ones contain new posts, which you haven't seen. All the others appear in grey.

Or am I getting you wrong?

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 19:04 #9 

takestock
Right,
On the new posts list, there will be two posts, one i will have posted on and somebody has replied hence the marker will be blue and the other one will be one i have not posted on.

They appear identical to look at, all i want is a marker to say I have posted on one :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 19:27 #10 

Jürgen
As I take it, you prefer to get both types of information in one list as an overview then, don't you?

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 19:36 #11 

takestock
Thats it Jürgen, I am used to ;) clicking on "new posts" this brings up all new posts since i last logged on and also indicates the ones i have posted on, It was like this before we altered the format so it must be possible.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 19:47 #12 

suzublu
Blinking heck! i only said i like the new bit on the left!!!! :panic:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 19:55 #13 

takestock
All your fault then :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 19:56 #14 

DeuxGazoles
Surely it's only deactivated for you as it's a foregone conclusion that you will have posted on a thread :mrgreen: :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 20:47 #15 

takestock
I will have you know i am no longer top spammer on any thread I peruse
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:27 #16 

JohnDotCom
You must be down to what now 5th for total posts? ;)
Definite lack of spam since you have been here. (but you were away from home alot) :D
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:30 #17 

DeuxGazoles
takestock wrote:I will have you know i am no longer top spammer on any thread I peruse

Well what's the matter with you man? :mrgreen:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 21:32 #18 

Jürgen
suzublu wrote:Blinking heck! i only said i like the new bit on the left!!!! :panic:

Look what you have done. :lol:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 23:00 #19