Whoever designed the Headlamp access by carlpenn

carlpenn
Whoever designed the Headlamp access panel needs a large slap round the back of their head........ :whump:

25 Minutes sitting on a cold wet floor in the rain with my Left hand inserted through the panel fumbling round blindly like a drunken Vet performing an artificial insemination only to find the damn bulb I put in isn't working either :mad1: :mad1:

The sky may not have been blue, but the air sure was :lol:
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 16:54 #1 

podge
Ha!!!..on my daily hack, a Mk 1 Mondeo,the easiest way to do it is cut out half the headlamp support panel!! Ford still make a repair kit for it!!

Posted 14 Feb 2011, 17:15 #2 

carlpenn
podge wrote:Ha!!!..on my daily hack, a Mk 1 Mondeo,the easiest way to do it is cut out half the headlamp support panel!! Ford still make a repair kit for it!!

So I should hack my Bumper up? :lol:

I was tempted to remove the Wheel arch liner as the Bulb is the Drivers side, which has the Washer Bottle partially obstructing the Access, hence my Issues lol.
Upgrades:

Posted 15 Feb 2011, 09:44 #3 

PaulT
Its easy - once you have done it a few times.

The RHD bulb is easier if you undo the upper washer bottle extension.

When I first got my car the wire bulb holder came right off. It was only when I took the front off I discovered that one end should be captive so it just swivels.

Now I can change a bulb ib literally a couple of minutes.

With the frequency that bulns go you soon get the experience.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 15 Feb 2011, 18:44 #4 

carlpenn
PaulT wrote:The RHD bulb is easier if you undo the upper washer bottle extension.

Paul

Thx for that Paul, I didnt know the Washer bottle could do that lol.

Hasn't fixed teh problem though, I have put a thread up about it in teh correct Forum place
Upgrades:

Posted 16 Feb 2011, 15:51 #5 

starbug2
managed ok so far with mine , but in general your right about the bloke who did it needs a large slap round the back of their head........ :whump:

Posted 16 Feb 2011, 17:49 #6 

Trebor
its easy if you know what tools to use...............

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Feb 2011, 21:26 #7 

takestock
Still not interested in her arms :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 16 Feb 2011, 22:07 #8