Where is Chartermark? by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

raistlin
Has anybody any idea where Martin is or how he is please?

He hasn't been on here since last year :(

I do hope he's OK.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 May 2014, 19:07 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Not seen since December. I sent him a birthday greeting in November by email but no reply.

Posted 26 May 2014, 19:19 #2 

Trebor
Good call Paul, let's hope he sees this and responds, hope he is ok
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 26 May 2014, 19:27 #3 

raistlin
Can you post up a similar thread on the Club forum please Rob?
Paul

Posted 26 May 2014, 19:47 #4 

Trebor
Ok will do
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 26 May 2014, 22:16 #5 

Dave Goody
Have just checked the OC forum. Martin has not been on there since Nov? I hope he's OK Dave

Posted 27 May 2014, 13:16 #6 

raistlin
Anybody know his phone number or address?
Paul

Posted 27 May 2014, 13:25 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
raistlin wrote:Anybody know his phone number or address?

Address coming via PM.

Posted 27 May 2014, 13:34 #8 

raistlin
Got it Mick, thanks

I'll ask Carl.
Paul

Posted 27 May 2014, 14:07 #9 

Dave Goody
I know he lives in Clacton, I'll pm Coolcat, Jeff on the owners club [also in Clacton] to see if he knows anything Dave

Posted 27 May 2014, 16:11 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Not Clacton Dave. A bit further up the coast. I've sent Raistlin his address.

Posted 27 May 2014, 16:37 #11 

raistlin
I'm awaiting a message from Carl.
Paul

Posted 27 May 2014, 16:40 #12 

Dave Goody
Mick wrote:Not Clacton Dave. A bit further up the coast. I've sent Raistlin his address.

Yes I think it began with W,? I know he had an apartment overlooking the sea, Wraymond may know something Dave

Posted 27 May 2014, 16:45 #13 

Mick
(Site Admin)
W is correct. :) If someone local is going to knock on his door, I can supply details, just not on here. ;)

Posted 27 May 2014, 16:47 #14 

Dave Goody
Wraymond has just contacted me, he had lunch with him some time ago, and Martin mentioned something about an interest in France [maybe a property] he said he would not be posting any more on the OC site as somebody had upset him. He was apparently fed up with the area where he lived as the harbour area was being messed up by the behaviour of youngsters at night. Possibly moved to France? Dave

Posted 27 May 2014, 20:07 #15 

Trebor
he told me a while ago that he was thinking of moving to France, but he can still post from there if he logs on of course
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 27 May 2014, 21:19 #16 

Bermudan 75
Last time I spoke to him he said he wanted to move to France as fed up with the UK.

Mike

Posted 28 May 2014, 04:47 #17 

raistlin
Good news :)

I've just spoken to Martin and, although he has been unwell, is now well on the mend. He thanks us for our concern and tells me that he will try to post on the Community forum soon. His Rover 75 is still going strong and like most of us, he wouldn't part with it :)

I'd like to add my thanks to those who helped me track him down, as it were.
Paul

Posted 28 May 2014, 11:08 #18 

Chartermark
Hello everyone, I had a chat with Paul this morning who rung to see if I was still ticking?

I've had a few health problems and reacted badly to an initial regime of medication which created more setback than benefit.

Following 'keyhole' spinal surgery I now feel physically much better and am beginning to move around a bit.

I hadn't used the car for a number of months and a new battery was required. It did then start first time!

One things for sure, I must now have one of the lowest mileage 75's in the UK?

I've missed the company of the many members here who have extended such wonderful help over the past eight years and hope to see you all later in the summer.

For the sake of update, I have re-purchased the old farmhouse I sold following my late wife's death in '98, but have only been there a couple of times in the past year.

Many thanks to you all for your concern...

Martin

Posted 28 May 2014, 12:52 #19 

Bernard
I'm very pleased to see that you are still with us! Hopefully you will soon be back to feeling well.
To put an end to the speculation, is the farmhouse in France?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 28 May 2014, 13:31 #20