What are the chances of that? by raistlin

raistlin
I must have done the thick end of fifty powerfold switchpack modifications for the Ultimate Remote and all have been successful... until today :(

I just couldn't get the conductor through the hole on the PCB (Printed Circuit Board). In the end I went into work and used the PCB microscope. Only to discover that the plated-through hole wasn't... a hole, that is. It was so badly malformed that there wasn't even a hint of a hole there :(

I'm hoping the chap whose switchpack it is can swap it with somebody who doesn't contemplate doing the Ultimate Remote mod because the malformed plated-through hole has no bearing on normal use of the powerfolds.

I'm also hoping that I don't see the like again :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Nov 2014, 13:25 #1 

Duncan
Paul, I'm prettu sure the PCB inside is the same as a non powerful one, so maybe that would fix it.

Posted 22 Nov 2014, 14:11 #2 

takestock
IIRC the pcb is the same but the population is different
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Nov 2014, 21:51 #3 

Duncan
takestock wrote:IIRC the pcb is the same but the population is different

You could well be right. It's just that I thought someone had done the conversion by just adding an external switch. It is a vague memory though so could easily be wrong.

Posted 25 Nov 2014, 19:29 #4 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:
takestock wrote:IIRC the pcb is the same but the population is different

You could well be right. It's just that I thought someone had done the conversion by just adding an external switch. It is a vague memory though so could easily be wrong.

I seem to remember having seen that a while ago.
Paul

Posted 25 Nov 2014, 21:50 #5 

Trebor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 26 Nov 2014, 18:30 #6 

raistlin
Thanks Rob :)
Paul

Posted 26 Nov 2014, 19:09 #7