Welcome to the new home of 75ZTCommunity by Mick (Page 3 of 4)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

tammyboy
This is like the twilight zone still no idea whats going on but i'm here and glad to be here to show my support !!
:Scotland:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 00:04 #41 

Last edited by tammyboy on 05 Jun 2010, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Have been up to my eyes in doing stuff to keep it all moving today. I have done most of the software setting up, Simon is a whizz with php, adding functionality to the basic software to make it a better place to play in. Now the basics are in place John and Andy's skills will start to come into play as well. We are a great crew, we all know each other really well and are good at what we do.

Thanks everybody for the good vibrations. This place is about as relaxed and free from constraints as we can make it. That's my mission statement taken care of.
We'll be doing all sorts to keep you interested and enjoying the experience. What we won't be doing is making promises. Everything asked for will get a yes or no and in very quick time. If it's yes it'll be done quickly, if it's no that'll be because it's not a good idea or just not possible. Having said that anything can be revisited at another time and never say never.

I opened the software on the 15th May just to have a play with it. After a couple of hours of messing with it I thought, why not. 20 days later and here we are. At the start of something vibrant and alive, growing daily. We have the energy, the time, and the inclination and with the assistance of you fine bunch of people we can do anything.
When we need help we will ask, so don't think your offers of help are falling on deaf ears, all very much appreciated.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 01:04 #42 

Zeb
No reason to leave there Payner75T....t'is the people that make clubs communities, not 'owners'...

More importantly GG has found an English flag :D :fosg:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 06:22 #43 

Fred
Zeb wrote:No reason to leave there Payner75T....t'is the people that make clubs communities, not 'owners'...

More importantly GG has found an English flag :D :fosg:

Oh heck! It's bigger than the others. There'll be trouble, I tell you, when the non-English (?) people see that. Who knows, it might lead to demands of independence, or at least some break-away groups forming. :panic: :hissyfit: ;)

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 07:10 #44 

DeuxGazoles
James.uk wrote:Navigate Colin? you wanna talk about navigation? Last time I came back from Poole I ended up in South Wales!!! I missed the M5 turnoff when going West on the M4! heh heh..

I also once got to work on top of a mountain in Wales (radio station), only to remember I was sposed to be in Haydock putting up some scaffolding over a swimming pool.. I got to Haydock 4 hours late!!! :roll: :em:

I don't drink now though. ;) :mrgreen:

Well what can I say :mrgreen: You're absolutely priceless :clap:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 07:24 #45 

Fred
DeuxGazoles wrote: You're absolutely priceless :clap:

What's the difference between price and worth? :confused:

No hammers on here so I'm safe. :mrgreen:
[centre][/centre]

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 08:09 #46 

PaulT
Oooh, do not know why but just stumbled on this site.

Best of luck for the future

Paul (Moonstoneboy elesewhere)
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 08:17 #47 

Mick
(Site Admin)
If anybody can be bothered will they please PM or email Alan and point out that this community is all about the members and input from the members, everybody has a say, the admins are here to facilitate that input in every way possible. There are no bosses, no hierarchical membership tiers, no assigned jobs. We are all in it to have fun, express ourselves without the constraints of a company with bosses to please and kow tow to. There has to be some form of government or it would not work, can't give everybody access to the software and server. :D :D That does not mean we are above or aloof, we learned, to the owners club cost what not listening and doing for the members leads to. Just to be clear, there will be no voting for who is admin at any time, we are here as I said as facilitators and that is for the life of the community or our own whichever is sooner.
This place is also free to join and will remain so as long as I have anything to do with it.

[quote=Roverowner]Roverowner
One of each
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) 001149 V6 Conn Saloon and CDTi Tourer 2005

It seems to me that people who start a website can run it how they want and there's no question of 'members' having a say other than by invitation.

This for me is the basic problem.

If you want to start a site then why not, call it your site so that people know it´s your blog... on whatever. Calling it a club or -members- forum etc implies that the people participating are equal. This doesn´t seem to be the case (on this or the other site). I would put up in large tetters that the site was mine or ours as the case may be and that others can participate if thy want to. As long as we think so. hen you really know where you stand. I don´t have to be told how much own time and work goes into a club having been cairman of one for 7 years. People may pay a fee, say 15 pounds and then demand service for a hundred. It´s not easy, that´s why more people who belong to a -club- should try it out[/quote]

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 12:26 #48 

DeuxGazoles
Had this discussion with Alan this morning Mick :thumbsup:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 13:17 #49 

baggie9
Hi everyone,Baggie9 is on board.Thanks Mick for sorting my lost password out.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 13:20 #50 

Mick
(Site Admin)
baggie9 wrote:Hi everyone,Baggie9 is on board.Thanks Mick for sorting my lost password out.

Hi lloyd, glad you are sorted mate. :)

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 15:29 #51 

Pedro
Good luck with the new venture Guys. This could certainly have been handled better over on the club site. After the massive contribution you made over there, a huge vote of thanks would have been in order, rather than a summary banning.
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 15:51 #52 

jimbo
Hi there, glad to be joining in with the new venture - bit confused - not sure what's what - but if it's to do with the 75 & ZT marque I want to be part of it.

All the best hope this grows as it should.

Regards

jimbo
jimbo

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 16:21 #53 

JohnDotCom
Thanks Guys and welcome.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 16:23 #54 

75owner
Thanks Mick for the input from my post on the other forum. Just for the uninformed: My name is Alan and I´m Roverowner on the 75and ZTclub. Took 75owner here.

Mick has posted: Just to be clear, there will be no voting for who is admin at any time, we are here as I said as facilitators and that is for the life of the community or our own whichever is sooner.

So now I know where I stand. It´s more like a blogg where outsiders can contribute. That´s fair enough. The tone so far has been very good and I wish all the hard working admin people the very best as, as I´ve said before, I´ve done some of this kind of thing before and it takes a lot of time and effort. Wasn´t much fun having people ring you at home at all hours asking what price they could get for their vintage caravan. Or just want to chinwag at 2 in the morning about old Airstreams.

Again, wish you all the best of luck :D

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 20:24 #55 

3disco
You cant have enough of a good thing the more information the better,good luck with the new community!

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 21:31 #56 

geesmith
geesmith signed in. So why did I prefix geesmith with me- ?? I doesn't know. I must have thought there was some risk of being banned from the archive.

Here we go then. :)

Nice clean look to the site by the way .... how do I change it :lol: ...joke.

Fred wrote:
DeuxGazoles wrote: You're absolutely priceless :clap:

What's the difference between price and worth? :confused:

No hammers on here so I'm safe. :mrgreen:
[centre][/centre]

Well Fred, I'm no expert but I suspect those little resistor thingies that you may as well solder onto the bonnet release cable have a very low PRICE ... but are WORTHless.. And.. the synergy has a higher PRICE but is WORTH the expense ...so I believe that makes the difference relative... (that was a wordy way of proving I'm no expert.)

I suspect it's of no consequence in James's case as some of his comments are PRICELESS but as a silent witness I believe he may be WORTHLESS. You should have seen the multi gray toned waistcoat he had on today ( he tells me he's colourblind ). Funnily everything around him appears rosy. :lol:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:12 #57 

JohnDotCom
geesmith signed in. So why did I prefix geesmith with me- ?? I doesn't know. I must have thought there was some risk of being banned from the archive.

If you wish the "me" removing just ask any Administrator to assist you.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:18 #58 

geesmith
I will do that john ..... "does that mean I just did " he asked, cheekily.

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:23 #59 

JohnDotCom
Operation carried out. :)
Wasn't to painful was it?
John

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:33 #60