Very thoughtful thank you. by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
I am shortly to go for my Personal Independance Payment assessment, which, as some of you will know, indicates a moderate to severe disablement. The accompanying blurb said something to the effect:- "Don't worry, our agents make it easy for you to get to your appointment."

At the moment I am unable to walk more than 18 paces in one go and hold a "Blue Badge" so I was pleased to hear that it would be easy to attend.

I received my appointment from Capita and did some research prior to the appointment.

The place I have to get to is on the outskirts of Birmingham so I phoned up to make sure they had disabled parking facilities, only to be told that they did not provide parking for visitors, however, if I had a Blue Badge I could park outside. Now the road concerned is the Hagley Road and those who know will realise that it is an extremely busy dual carriageway arterial route into and out of Birmingham. Further research lead me to discover that the road was, in fact, a "Red Route", meaning that I couldn't park there even with a Blue Badge.

Further enquiries confirmed that the nearest suitable car park was some 1.5 miles away and that if I parked there, I would require to get two busses to get back to the premises. Unfortunately, I can't get my leg up high enough to get onto a bus. Furthermore, the alighting bus stop was some 900 yards away from the premises and required a visitor to cross the extremely busy dual carriageway.

"You can always walk you know, we're not far from New Street Station" I was told. Not far from, in this case, equates to 2 miles and multiple road junctions.

I asked if I could use a taxi and the answer was in the affirmative... but I couldn't claim taxi fare back as there was "such a good public transport service".

How's that for taking care of clients.

BTW... I am required to be at the appointment by 07:30 in the morning, requiring me to be out of the house by shortly after 06:00.

Thank you for your care and understanding Capita.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Dec 2016, 19:09 #1 

PaulT
To readers of Private Eye the company is known by a different name - CRAPITA

Totally and absolutely appalling - perhaps a call to your MP......especially if they are Labour.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 06 Dec 2016, 20:22 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Aside from anything else. Really sorry to hear of your health issues.

Posted 07 Dec 2016, 17:00 #3 

raistlin
Thanks Mick.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Dec 2016, 07:35 #4 

Trebor
Hi Paul didn't realise you were so restricted in how far you could walk and sorry to hear that, as for Capita just a complete joke !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Dec 2016, 21:06 #5 

Jürgen
Sorry to hear that Paul. :(

Posted 11 Dec 2016, 13:55 #6 

takestock
Expect to be recorded by the staff at the PIP assessment offices as you make your way to and from your appointment Paul. Marinas footage was used in deciding her level of inability. Like you Marina has nothing to hide but it does catch many "fakers".
Really sorry to hear of your current health problems,

D...
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 17 Dec 2016, 18:42 #7