Unusual sandwich combinations by Messenger (Page 1 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Messenger
Of late I have tried Marmite , Mayonaise and prawn or Chrunchy nut cornflakes and Barbecue sauce.

I cannot recommend either sandwich.I wondered if anyone had any unusual sandwich experiments to confess !?

Or am I alone in my madness?

Posted 31 May 2010, 13:54 #1 

JohnDotCom
Stilton Cheese and mandarin oranges.
Not as bad as it may sound but not as good as Good Back Bacon (hot) with melted Stilton cheese in a hot baguette.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 31 May 2010, 13:58 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Not me but a close friend enjoys banana and anchovy. I can't tell you just how revolting they are. One mouthful very nearly made me puke.
There's no accounting for taste.

Very popular in tuscany is pecorino cheese and pear accompanied by a rough red chianti or a fine Barolo, not in a sarney. :) The combination is utterly delicious especially with a Barolo. Highly recommended

Posted 31 May 2010, 15:14 #3 

DeuxGazoles
Brown sauce & French mustard...................yummy yummy yummy
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 31 May 2010, 19:35 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
DeuxGazoles wrote:Brown sauce & French mustard...................yummy yummy yummy

Wot, no bread........ mucky business. :)

Posted 31 May 2010, 19:58 #5 

DeuxGazoles
Oh do appologise...........Large sliced white split tin loaf :mrgreen:
Tried a pie sandwich but wasn't a success :confused:

Posted 31 May 2010, 20:06 #6 

Zeb
Congratulations!!!!

To you all...:D

Post up the due dates and I'll be sending a card.... ;)

Posted 31 May 2010, 20:18 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:Congratulations!!!!

To you all...:D

Post up the due dates and I'll be sending a card.... ;)

I ain't pregnant. COD knows I've tried. :nurse:

Posted 31 May 2010, 20:44 #8 

takestock
Mick wrote:
I ain't pregnant. :nurse:

Too ugly :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 01 Jun 2010, 07:23 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
takestock wrote:
Mick wrote:
I ain't pregnant. :nurse:

Too ugly :D

Too true. :D

Posted 01 Jun 2010, 13:16 #10 

SpongeBob
Finest pork sausages from local organic, open pig farm with phillidelphia soft cheese and spicy tomato chutney. Yum. :D Fairly normal but one of many favourites from my local lunchtime sandwich shop where they make everything to order right in front of you. All locally-sourced produce and as fresh as they can get it. Even the bread us baked during the sane say.

Posted 01 Jun 2010, 14:26 #11 

loz1971
Not a sandwich, but I always thought the American habit of having bacon, sausage and egg for breakfast, covered in maple syrup, was a bit yuck!!....until I tried for myself, it is delicious!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's got me hungry now, anybody know the location of a Denny's or a Ponderosa in the U.K.???
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 21:57 #12 

DeuxGazoles
loz1971 wrote:Not a sandwich, but I always thought the American habit of having bacon, sausage and egg for breakfast, covered in maple syrup, was a bit yuck!!....until I tried for myself, it is delicious!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's got me hungry now, anybody know the location of a Denny's or a Ponderosa in the U.K.???

Nope but I could lend you some pies :mrgreen:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 21:59 #13 

loz1971
Lend me some pies!!!! are you sure you would want them back when I finished with them?? Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:14 #14 

Last edited by loz1971 on 05 Jun 2010, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.

DeuxGazoles
loz1971 wrote:Lend me some pies!!!! are you sure you would want them back when I finished with them?? [img]http://www.cool-smileys.com/the-puking-smiley][/img]

Obviously I wouldn't want the actual ones back but you could owe me

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:16 #15 

loz1971
Oh, I see, well if you can deliver.....Image :D :D :D

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:18 #16 

DeuxGazoles
loz1971 wrote:Oh, I see, well if you can deliver.....Image :D :D :D

I could send them as a return load with Ginsters :mrgreen:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:21 #17 

loz1971
Ginsters, what a load of pepper loaded cack they are, thats why they are sent out of Cornwall, the best Pasty's come from either Anns Pasty Shop on the Lizard, or from a farm shop called Gear Farm, and actually, Retallack butchers on the Lizard do amazing home made pork pies, you would love them!! :D :D :D

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:25 #18 

DeuxGazoles
loz1971 wrote:Ginsters, what a load of pepper loaded cack they are, thats why they are sent out of Cornwall, the best Pasty's come from either Anns Pasty Shop on the Lizard, or from a farm shop called Gear Farm, and actually, Retallack butchers on the Lizard do amazing home made pork pies, you would love them!! :D :D :D

Yeah I used to like their stuff waaayyy back but as you say it's all cack now. Never been a pasty lover but Pork Pies..................now you're talking :D

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:28 #19 

loz1971
Yeah, it's nice to get there early in the morning, so that the pies are still warm!! mmmmmmm lovely :D :D :D :D

And I have to say, I always hated Pasty's....until I had a real one!! ;) ;)

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 22:31 #20