Under bonnet fuel pump by raistlin

raistlin
I have a new fuel pump to fit on VeeKay.

Can anybody tell me if it is OK to replace the OEM hose clips with small jubilee clips please?

Also, where is the pump bolted to please? I've looked but can't see a clamp.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 29 Oct 2010, 14:30 #1 

James.uk
You need to take the battery out, and if you have a FBH (Fuel burning heater.) then the battery tray has to come out as well, otherwise you may be able to shove the tray along a bit to get at the pipes under the pump, can't see any reason why jubilee clips can't be used... :)

Posted 29 Oct 2010, 15:30 #2 

raistlin
Thanks James :)
Paul

Posted 29 Oct 2010, 21:12 #3 

Suffolk Man
hi to get the clips off squeeze them with a pair of pliers like a pill bottle top then pull they will come off then push them back done this with mine still ok

Posted 30 Oct 2010, 21:30 #4 

raistlin
wedd wrote:hi to get the clips off squeeze them with a pair of pliers like a pill bottle top then pull they will come off then push them back done this with mine still ok

That's worth a try.
Paul

Posted 30 Oct 2010, 22:06 #5 

raistlin
Well that was a bit of a failure :(

The lower pipe to the fuel pump has so little slack that I couldn't even get my hands in to the clip :(
Paul

Posted 05 Nov 2010, 15:49 #6 

weeman
Think I'm a bit late with this.....but for future reference, once you get the pump out of the holder theres JUST enough room to get a hand underneath it and put a jubilee clip on and using a long screwdriver tighten up. Be very wary though when pulling the pump up as the plastic joint-plug underneath is a little brittle and would be a real headache to try and replace. Pump will come up about 1/2- 1 inch.

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 21:39 #7