Training Course by kandyman

• Related topics: (no related topics)

kandyman
Today I attend a IPAF training course,

IPAF stand for International Powered Access Federation.

The course will allow me to operate a scissor lift and a Boom lift

It was only a one day course with half the day spent in the classroom learning the different types of lifts and rules and H&S followed by a multiply choose exam.

The afternoon was spent in the workshop where we were shown how to operate the 2 types of machines, we then had to drive both of the machines over an set out obstacle course where we had to avoid cones and perform various high level tasks without gaining to many penalty points.

Well I'm happy to say that I gained a pass and now hold a IPAF operators licence.

Posted 15 Aug 2013, 20:50 #1 

Duncan
Will you be fitting a cherry picker to the LWB?

Posted 15 Aug 2013, 21:11 #2 

Bermudan 75
Useful additional facility for Nano-meets. :thumbsup:

Posted 16 Aug 2013, 06:57 #3 

Trebor
Well done Andy, sometimes scissor lifts look as though they are going to topple over, guess there must be some weight at the bottom to stop that happening !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Aug 2013, 08:13 #4 

kandyman
There's a few ton of counterweight in the bottom of some of theses machines that stop them from toppling over, but if you don't follow the rules theses still a chance that you can topple over.

Posted 18 Aug 2013, 10:53 #5