This lovely Rover 800 arrived at work today. by carlpenn (Page 2 of 2)

carlpenn
Tourerfogey wrote:Uh ?

It was bought by a Scrap Metal company who buy lots of old knackered cars, then squish them.

The Rover 800 took that same fate, they bought it for Sqaushing.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 21:09 #21 

Tourerfogey
What a waste - but such is the current relatively high price of scrap metal . . .

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 22:06 #22 

carlpenn
Tourerfogey wrote:What a waste - but such is the current relatively high price of scrap metal . . .

It is a sad fact today. Many, Many Cars have gone that way. This Company buys around 20 a Week from us alone. Some of them in a decent condition, such as this Rover 800. They also took a nice tidy Rover 45 Impression today too.

I try not to think about it now, as seeing so many Rover Cars going that way is kind of depressing :(
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 22:49 #23 

Dave
I know that it could be argued that this car might have polluted more than some newer eco-cars, but in what way is crushing it environmentally friendly?

What a waste..... :(

Posted 22 Jul 2012, 16:54 #24 

Tourerfogey
Dave wrote:I know that it could be argued that this car might have polluted more than some newer eco-cars, but in what way is crushing it environmentally friendly?

What a waste..... :(

Any pollution caused by this car had it been put back on the road would undoubtedly have been less than the impact on the environment (pollution, resources etc.) making a new car to replace it will cause.

However, I don't see the point in getting over sentimental about cars like this going to the crusher - the simple fact is, the public at large just don't want them.

Posted 23 Jul 2012, 13:25 #25 

Bermudan 75
However, I don't see the point in getting over sentimental about cars like this going to the crusher - the simple fact is, the public at large just don't want them.[/quote]

Let's crush the public at large then......solve the obesity problem.

Posted 31 Jul 2012, 16:03 #26 

Tourerfogey
Let's crush the public at large then......solve the obesity problem.

That's a good idea . . . except that I fear I may be one of them . . .

Posted 01 Aug 2012, 21:28 #27