The Pope mobile by Tootall

Tootall
Has anybody else noticed that while the Pope is being driven around in the back of his ice cream van he does not wear a seatbelt.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 17:41 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Tootall wrote:Has anybody else noticed that while the Pope is being driven around in the back of his ice cream van he does not wear a seatbelt.

He trusts in God to save him :gmc:

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 17:43 #2 

Trebor
on the radio earlier in the week it was said that there is concern that because of the slow speed it will be travelling at there is a danger of eggs being thrown at it, woudnt that make eggs benedict ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 18:36 #3 

Duncan
Yes, but he will make a note of who threw them on hes benedictaphone.

Oh yes there is.....

http://www.slamdesign.co.uk/index.php?o ... &Itemid=49

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 19:18 #4 

Trebor
thought yiou wre joking Duncan, but they had one on Mock the Week last night
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 06:37 #5 

raistlin
Seatbelts will be the least of his problems, having compared atheists to Nazis :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 08:38 #6 

Duncan
Trebor wrote:thought yiou wre joking Duncan, but they had one on Mock the Week last night

Yes saw that later.

I guessed everyone would think it was just another of My bad jokes, hence the link if anyone wants to buy one.

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 13:26 #7 

Bermudan 75
raistlin wrote:Seatbelts will be the least of his problems, having compared atheists to Nazis :(

That won't go down with the aethists in the NHS who put you under before having an op....... :gmc:

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 14:16 #8 

andycolm
raistlin wrote:Seatbelts will be the least of his problems, having compared atheists to Nazis :(

Well, he certainly has some experience in the field, so he should know eh?

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 17:09 #9 

raistlin
andycolm wrote:Well, he certainly has some experience in the field, so he should know eh?

He should know better, more like :)
Paul

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 17:26 #10 

Tootall
My sister lives about 3 miles away from Cofton Park and as of 4am there will be a lock down around the area, everybody affected has been issued with a special pass which they must carry with them along with a recent utility if they wish exit/enter the area in the next 24hrs.
They are planning an open air mass at 9am from what she was saying they have no chance of a lie in tomorrow.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 17:34 #11 

raistlin
Well, considering that less 20% of all UK citizens were said to be interested at all in the visit, I think that we are having this popery rammed down our throats and as a practising atheist (read nazi), I deplore the whole sorry affair. I notice the TV channels are pumping it out day in day out as well. Presumably cheap programming.

You can't even see the news on BBC news 24 or the Sky equivalent for bloody religious ceremonial. Watching a costume drama like that for hours on end on the news channels does not equate with 'news' as far as I am concerned.
Paul

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 17:42 #12 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:Well, considering that less 20% of all UK citizens were said to be interested at all in the visit, I think that we are having this popery rammed down our throats and as a practising atheist (read nazi), I deplore the whole sorry affair. I notice the TV channels are pumping it out day in day out as well. Presumably cheap programming.

You can't even see the news on BBC news 24 or the Sky equivalent for bloody religious ceremonial. Watching a costume drama like that for hours on end on the news channels does not equate with 'news' as far as I am concerned.

Not for one moment am I defending anything but if 20% are interested in anything other than football, I would say that's an awful lot of interest. Most people aren't interested in anything at all in my experience...except getting membership packs maybe. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 18 Sep 2010, 19:59 #13 

starbug2
Bernard wrote:
raistlin wrote:Well, considering that less 20% of all UK citizens were said to be interested at all in the visit, I think that we are having this popery rammed down our throats and as a practising atheist (read nazi), I deplore the whole sorry affair. I notice the TV channels are pumping it out day in day out as well. Presumably cheap programming.

Not for one moment am I defending anything but if 20% are interested in anything other than football, I would say that's an awful lot of interest. Most people aren't interested in anything at all in my experience...except getting membership packs maybe. ;)
here here ;)

Posted 19 Sep 2010, 09:00 #14 

Trebor
i agree about the covearge it was too much imo and i heard on the radio that there are 6m catholics so thats only 10% of a 60m population and the cost must run into millions which in times of austerity is not good.

The coverage on radio West Midlands continued the day after he left when a reporter was sent to the now empty Cofton park and some of his coverage included things like " i am standing by the 12 foot fence that was erected all around the park especially for the visit which is still here and needs dismantling, there are numerous litter bins which are all full and need emptying and the stage will have to be taken down "

I want that reporters job , how is this news ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 22 Sep 2010, 11:28 #15 

Jürgen
In my opinion the pope should have the right to visit every place he wants to see.

Well, as long as he meets a few conditions:
    - paying for his journey by himself
    - no harassing of ordinary people by road blocks or other restrictions in their neighborhood

Why doesn't it work like that? :(

Posted 24 Sep 2010, 19:41 #16