The highline bug... by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
It's a dangerous thing the internet.

After chatting with Duncan and spending many an hour on Bimmernav, the possibilities there are with the highline system seem endless, (as well as the financial factor!)

I'm still stuck between the following though for a replacement for the CD Changer.

1) Intravee II (+ Alpine interface)(Can you only run an Ipod off of an intravee or can a HDD or USB stick be used?)

2) GROM (http://www.gromaudio.com/store/usb_adap ... r_kit.html)

or is it worth splashing out a little more for the intravee?

Also looking at ways of installing DAB, but without extra screens or interfaces - has anyone dones this?

Cheers,

Jake

Posted 29 Apr 2012, 20:11 #1 

stubie
The intravee allows you to control access to all your music on the ipod Jake, and display what album and track is being played. It really is the bees Knees as far as ipod integration is concerned, wish I hadn't got rid of mine.
Stu

Posted 29 Apr 2012, 20:49 #2 

JakeWilson
Thanks Stubs,

Been looking at vidoes on the net as well. I see that there's an alpine DAB interface that you can run through it as well - that's me sold! I also like how the intravee fills the album and tracks as well as opposed to just MP3 ID

EDIT: Just seen this, which looks interesting and nicely put together.

http://www.maintronic.de/en/products/cp ... layer.html

Posted 29 Apr 2012, 21:48 #3 

Duncan
As Stubie said, the ipod integration is great. However no options for USB, but then why would you if you have ipod?

Yes there's a DAB interface. If you can find one!

Posted 30 Apr 2012, 06:57 #4 

Zeb
Duncan wrote:As Stubie said, the ipod integration is great. However no options for USB, but then why would you if you have ipod?

And what about us that do not have an ipod eh? :)

Posted 30 Apr 2012, 16:12 #5 

Duncan
Zeb wrote:
Duncan wrote:As Stubie said, the ipod integration is great. However no options for USB, but then why would you if you have ipod?

It's no good for you if you don't have an ipod. So you wouldn't buy it. You'd only buy it if you DID have an ipod, therefore you wouldn't want USB. ;)

Posted 30 Apr 2012, 17:22 #6 

kandyman
Zeb wrote:

You use your iPhone like me ;)

Posted 30 Apr 2012, 17:44 #7 

Duncan
kandyman wrote:
You use your iPhone like me ;)

Class answer!

Posted 30 Apr 2012, 17:44 #8