The all new Mk 2 Ultimate Remote now available by raistlin (Page 1 of 2)

raistlin
After considerable investment in design manufacture and testing, the all new Mk 2 Ultimate Remote modules are available if anybody wants one.

If you don't know what the "Ultimate Remote" is, I understand there are one or two references to it on the Club forum.

The modules have been completely re-designed in accordance with my basic specification by Duncan and David (thanks chaps) and have the following advantages over the previous version:-

They can be reliably used with both OEM and third party key fobs.

They have an extra function which automatically unlocks the doors when the ignition is completely switched off but NOT when just the engine is shut down. Something which a lot of people who have speed locking had wished Rover provided from day one :)

They can be used for standard closure and opening, or enhanced closure and opening, sometimes called full closure (windows and sun-roof, if fitted open and close). Powerfolds can be extended or retracted (if required) or the Full Monty which includes the auto unlock. You decide which functions you want.

The modules can be re-programmed by us if the firmware is modified at a later date (NEVER say never ;) ). The firmware is locked so no dodgy devices will appear on fleabay.

Owners of earlier model cars (mark 1) who use a third party remote will be able to use it to remotely open the boot as well.

The Caveats:-

The modules will be supplied built and tested and housed in an enclosure. No kits of parts will be available.

Your car MUST have lazy vent and lazy lock enabled. This is a simple task for anybody with a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) and is something which can be done gratis at nano-meets for example.

We will help and advise where possible but please bear in mind that we all have families, employment and other commitments ;)

If you intend to use the powerfold function, the powerfold enabled switchpack requires a modification which can be quite daunting if you are inexperienced with soldering and / or don't have a fine tipped, precisely controlled soldering iron. Some members of this and other fora, including myself, are willing to do the job on an occasional basis if you are not keen or cannot find anybody local to do the job. If you make a mistake it is PERFECTLY POSSIBLE to wreck your switchpack.

The modified "how-to" should be available very shortly and as you will see, requires wires to be laid in from the glovebox void area out to the driver's door and through the centre console to the master central locking switch.

In addition, you will be modifying the wiring to your BCU (Body Control Unit). You need to be confident about doing so or get somebody who knows what they are doing to either do the job or assist. Again, plenty of willing (and free) help is available if you decide to do the job at a nano-meet.

If you intend to use a third party key-fob, it MUST have two available channels and the ability to send a momentary pulse output.

NO, they can't be used to remote start the car. Yes, I can do that but I'm not going to do so. It is potentially very dangerous, highly illegal, and I don't want death or injury on my conscience :)

This job, from start to finish can be done in a day IF you are experienced with wiring etc. I invented this mod and I have to say that I'd be working at a rapid rate to do the whole lot in a day, even having done lots of these installations in the past. Probably a good idea to get the preliminary wiring installed to the driver's door and centre console and have the switch-pack modified sometime before you intend to do the remainder of the installation, in which case the remainder can comfortably be done in a day. Half a day if you work balls-out.

Anything else I need to add? No. I don't believe so...

Oh, the price? £27 built tested and installed in an enclosure PLUS delivery, which will depend on whether you want to collect, courier, or post. The MINIMUM standard of posting will be recorded delivery.

Anybody want one?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Nov 2015, 19:57 #1 

Trebor
Well done to Paul, Duncan and David for developing this great bit of kit and at the price it has to be a real bargain.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Nov 2015, 20:22 #2 

Rich
Me please!!!

Now I can stop bugging Duncan about them (thanks for the heads up Duncan)

Cheers,
Rich

Posted 12 Nov 2015, 22:24 #3 

Duncan
I'm building these ready, but please bear in mind it takes just over an hour to build and test each one and I don't have a limitless time to build them. But in the meantime, we will start a list!

Posted 12 Nov 2015, 22:31 #4 

Bernard
I will have one please. No rush, it can wait till the next nano.
As I want the remote boot opening on MK1, which remote fob do I need to get?

Posted 12 Nov 2015, 23:25 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Fantastic, a modification which I may well have done at the nano's next year, I am sure my son would be interested to, great work once again from the tech boys :thumbsup: cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 02:07 #6 

AndreRijo
Fantastic work guys. I will have one.

I have a MKI ZT-T with all the toys and T4 options activated, what will I need to have all options functioning)apart from the one I have read above)?

There was just one function that I would like to have... lights on when unlocking. :P

Again, congrats for doing this.

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 02:11 #7 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:I will have one please. No rush, it can wait till the next nano.
As I want the remote boot opening on MK1, which remote fob do I need to get?

The Quasar electronics range are those I would recommend Bernard but some of the fleabay cheapies will do the job.

Let me know your preference and I'll have a look around.
Paul

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 07:35 #8 

raistlin
AndreRijo wrote:
There was just one function that I would like to have... lights on when unlocking. :P

Eminently doable, but you'd need a third party remote rather than the OEM key-fob.
Paul

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 07:36 #9 

raistlin
Anybody who wants one, please can you PM one of us with your shipping preference and we'll get things in motion.
Paul

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 07:37 #10 

boogiedrummer
Great job raistlin! :-)

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 09:00 #11 

Mischief
will it work with single point entry Paul? I would really like to replace the cheap ebay module I have.
Regards
Chief

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 09:24 #12 

raistlin
I believe i will John
Paul

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 09:33 #13 

AndreRijo
raistlin wrote:
AndreRijo wrote:

Eminently doable, but you'd need a third party remote rather than the OEM key-fob.

If I understand well, all the other functions will work with the OEM key fob, correct?

Mine being a MKI can the tailgate be opened as well?

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 11:24 #14 

Gren 24
Would you put my name down for one please. At the moment I have one of Paul's ( Raistlin ) ultimate remotes. So would I have to remove all of this,or use some of the wiring from this to connect Mk 2.

Thers no rush for me. I can wait,With Christmas comming Family comes First.

I know how hard you ALL have work on this and spent a lot of hours of your own time putting this all together. I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU. I know myself and am sure a lot of other really appreciated all your hard word you have put into this, and to do it at such a low cost to.

All the best to you ALL

Les

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 16:24 #15 

raistlin
Les, all you need to add is a wire to the master central locking switch in the centre console. aeverything else is a direct swap.
Paul

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 16:56 #16 

Gren 24
raistlin wrote:Les, all you need to add is a wire to the master central locking switch in the centre console. aeverything else is a direct swap.

Thank you Paul, I think I had better wait till one of the Nano Meets, where I can be supervised. Dont fancy connecting the wrong wire to the wrong connections.At lest it does not sound a to bad of a job to do.

Cheers Les :)

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 17:27 #17 

Duncan
You also have to move one of the wires to the BCU to use the auto unlock feature. But otherwise yes the wiring carries across.

Posted 13 Nov 2015, 18:10 #18 

Gren 24
Duncan wrote:You also have to move one of the wires to the BCU to use the auto unlock feature. But otherwise yes the wiring carries across.

Well reading that Duncan. I think I will leave fitting one till the Nano Meet,were I can ask and seek advice. Better to be safe than sorry.

Les

Posted 14 Nov 2015, 15:14 #19 

raistlin
Les, if you want to pop over to my house we can get you sorted out earlier than the next nano-meet :)
Paul

Posted 14 Nov 2015, 15:20 #20