Temperature sensor by PaulT

PaulT
A friend is out in France at present and has a little bit of trouble with his car.

He noticed a lead hanging down on the ground and also the temp is reading -30.

He contacted Rimmer and they told him he needed JTF000160 which they do not have.

If you look on the Rimmer page it seems to me that it is perhaps incorrect in its descriptions:

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001618

Now I am a little curious about JTF000160. It is described as:

JTF000160 Sensor - auto air con solar - Genuine MG Rover

JTF000160A is described as:

Sensor-ambient automatic air conditioning lower grille front bumper

Whilst JTF000180 is described as:

Sensor-ambient automatic air conditioning - Genuine MG Roverlower grille front bumper

Against JTF000160A is a note USE JTF000160

Does anyone know what is correct.

I will try and put some pictures of what is left of the sensor on to the Gallery
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 14:25 #1 

PaulT
Now in the Gallery titles 'sensor1'.

Paul

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 14:36 #2 

Duncan
Well, the picture is just the plug for the sensor. Maybe its just become unplugged?

Yes, the description is confusing. The solar sensor is the one in the dash, also listed as JTF100190A and 130. The picture by JTF000180 looks like the one in my bumper. I'd try to get a second hand one from the bay.

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 16:36 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:Well, the picture is just the plug for the sensor. Maybe its just become unplugged?

Yes, the description is confusing. The solar sensor is the one in the dash, also listed as JTF100190A and 130. The picture by JTF000180 looks like the one in my bumper. I'd try to get a second hand one from the bay.

Duncan on britcar JTF000180 is ambient air if it helps anyone
http://www.brit-car.co.uk/search.php?xSearch=JTF000180
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 22:06 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
PaulT wrote:Now in the Gallery titles 'sensor1'.

The part in your pic fit to the part in this pic Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Jun 2014, 22:14 #5 

PaulT
Arctic, from the picture I submitted does it look as though the connector is OK but the actual sensor has been worn away or it is the connector?
Paul

Posted 10 Jun 2014, 08:30 #6 

Duncan
Steve hasn't replied but to me it looks like part of the connector may have worn away. Not sure if its an important part, though. The main thing is the latch to keep it plugged into the sensor.

Posted 11 Jun 2014, 09:22 #7 

PaulT
Thanks Duncan

Just got one including connector and part of the cabling - what fun, this area of Lincs has a chronic shortage of breakers.

Was spoilt when living in Surrey, just down the road was Bridgers at Pease Pottage - a case of how many do you want.
Paul

Posted 11 Jun 2014, 16:15 #8 

PaulT
Just a little update. Yes, the actual connector had worn partially away. New one (£2 including connector and piece of wire) fitted and it is no longer -30 degrees.

I took the sensor off of an 04 pre facelift car and the mounting arm was some form of plastic. However, on the 02 car it was then fitted to the arm was metal that had rusted quite badly so additional measures taken to make sure it does not fall off again.
Paul

Posted 04 Jul 2014, 06:54 #9