Outside Temperature Sensor by MrB

MrB
Having acquired a new outside temp sensor I got to the task of removing the old one and found lovely green crystals where a pin and connector used to be. :mad1: :confused:

So my question is can I buy the pin so as I can just cut the wire back a little and then attach it to the new pin and push it through into the connector. If so, where could I get it and what do I need?

If not I guess I'll have to try and trawl the scrappers with my pliers and cut one off some way back and splice the wires.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 19:02 #1 

takestock
More chance at the scrappy to be honest, there was a second hand one on ebay a few weeks ago. contact one of the traders on here, they may have one.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 20:43 #2 

Duncan
What kind of connector terminal is it? I may be able to help out if you can post a photo of the remaining good one so I know what it looks like.

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 06:45 #3 

PaulT
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 11:09 #4 

MrB
Thanks guys.

Have been offered the wiring and plug by one of the members of this forum.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Will take a pic of the socket so as you can see just how bad the corrosion was. Took a lot of force to seprate it from the sensor.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 13:33 #5 

MrB
MrB wrote:
Will take a pic of the socket so as you can see just how bad the corrosion was. Took a lot of force to separate it from the sensor.

Chris

and here is the pic I promised.

SG101084.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 17:22 #6 

Duncan
Mmm. What a mess.

Don't recognise the type either, so not sure about the terminals for spares.

Will have to have a good look when I pull the bumper off one of mine. Have to do the O rings soon on Woof so perhaps then.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:42 #7 

MrB
Duncan wrote:Mmm. What a mess.

Don't recognise the type either, so not sure about the terminals for spares.

Will have to have a good look when I pull the bumper off one of mine. Have to do the O rings soon on Woof so perhaps then.

I've got a replacement now.

Just wanted to show the condition it was in when I finally managed to get it apart.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 21:01 #8