Soldering iron kit by Bermudan 75

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Bermudan 75
Hi folks,
Can you recommend a soldering iron kit that I have seen used at the nano meets where two wires are joined and shrunk wrapped?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 08 Feb 2016, 10:43 #1 

Trebor
Hi Mike, you need a gas one, I have a solderpro and Steve used a Gascat, both good, do a search on Google or E Bay and take a look, expect to pay upwards of £50/£60 for a new one
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Feb 2016, 22:49 #2 

Bermudan 75
Thanks Rob, need to sort out a dodgy airbag connection under the front seat. Unfortuately my MOT is a fortnight before the nano in March.

Mike

Posted 09 Feb 2016, 23:41 #3 

Trebor
Have your tried the usual switch cleaner or undoing and redoing the connection s few times ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Feb 2016, 18:27 #4 

Bermudan 75
I will give that a go next week, funny though, today the light did not come on.

Posted 11 Feb 2016, 18:11 #5 

Trebor
Don't spend over £50 to solve the airbag light if it stays off for MOT you can take a look at the nano if you are coming
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 11 Feb 2016, 19:37 #6