Sat Nav Drive ? by scouse1958

• Related topics: (no related topics)

scouse1958
Hi Guys was wonderin if you could help me bought a seriers 3 drive but when i put a old dvd bmw disc in spits it out is there a cheap upgrade that allows it to play dvd discs read somewhere you can change the cd to dvd reader in the case is that true ?

Paul

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 17:42 #1 

takestock
mk3 is a cd reader the mk4 is the dvd reader, not read of an upgrade for the mk3 to turn it to a dvd reader, sorry. i suppose if there was one we would all have it rather than have to buy the expensive mk4.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 18:30 #2 

scouse1958
Hi Takestock read somewhere someone has changed the cd lens part to a dvd one of the bay to upgrade it can that be done ?

Paul

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 19:34 #3 

Duncan
scouse1958 wrote:Hi Takestock read somewhere someone has changed the cd lens part to a dvd one of the bay to upgrade it can that be done ?

Paul

In a word, no. It's not just the lens assembly, but the whole mechanism, and the drive electronics. It's kind of like saying you can upgrade a 1.8 to a V8 by changing the air filter.

You just need to get an up to date CD for your drive. Are you sure you have a Mk3 as we fitted a Mk2 at the Nano.

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 20:40 #4 

scouse1958
Hi Duncan yes bought a seriers 3 of ebay about a week later and had a bmw dvd disc with it so i assume was of his old unit

Paul

Posted 26 Jul 2011, 21:53 #5