S750 LJW: 1998 (S) Rover 75 2.0 Litre V6 Connoisseur Automat by Cowley_MOA

Cowley_MOA
1998 (S) Rover 75 2.0 Litre V6 Connoisseur AutomaticImage
Finished in Wedgwood Blue with a Neptune Blue Leather Personal Line interior.

Provenance:
In late 1998 after the successful World debut at the British Motor show the new Rover 75 was entering its final stages of development ready for a 1999 public launch. In preparation for this launch Rover Group registered a few hundred 75’s on S plates to be used as press cars in Seville for the World Dealer Launch, as press cars for the UK Market and some as final engineering development vehicles. Most of these cars were registered in early 1999; however a handful were registered in December of 1998.

S750 LJW is the 2nd earliest known Rover 75 by Registration date (22/12/1998). The earliest known being S525 OVP registered on 18/12/1998.

In addition to this LJW is also the earliest known RHD Rover 75 by VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) Number (001194) S525 OVP being (001196).

She also has the rather sad title of being the last Surviving ‘LJW’ Registered Press Car. As prior to the launch Rover used the following 4 cars as Press Cars for the UK market.

S750 LJW – Alive
S751 LJW – Crushed 2009
S752 LJW – Crushed
S753 LJW – Crushed

Her Magazine credits include Autocar, What Car? and Auto Express Front Covers 1999. She was also used in Channel 4’s ‘Driven’ in 1999. Copies of the magazines and a DVD of the above are included in the sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-dlaugBQho

Previous owners:The Car is currently registered in my mothers name but prior to her being the titled keeper it has had just 2 owners. The first being Rover Group / MG Rover from 1998 – 2002 and the second being Mr Robert William Hales of Great Bentley Colchester from 2002 – 2010.

In this time the car has covered just 71,000 Miles.

Details:I have just had the Cambelt, inlet manifold and both VIS (Variable Intake System) motors changed. This is in addition to a full service comprising of new oil, filters, fluids and plugs.

The car also comes with 12 months MOT and 6 months tax.

The Full Specification of the car is as follows…

• 2.0 Litre KV6 Engine
• Automatic Gear Box
• 71,000 Miles
• 15’’ ‘Crown’ Alloy Wheels
• Neptune Blue Leather Personal Line Interior.
• Electric Memory Seats
• Heated Seats
• Traction Control
• Sunroof
• Message Centre IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German))
• Full Sized Alloy Spare Wheel
• Boot Mounted Warning Triangle
• Symphony Audio System
• 6 Disc CD Auto Changer
• Climate Control
• Electric Mirrors
• Electric Windows
• PAS
• 4 Air Bags

As shown in the photo below I haven’t yet had the dent in the rear wing rectified.

This is a very hard decision for me to reach however practicality has forced me to consider that one of the two Rover 75 V6 Automatic’s that I own needs to go, especially given that I can’t afford to insure either of them as a first car. I will however only sell her to somebody that appreciates how special this particular 75.

S750 LJW is a sure-fire future Classic and now possibly the best example of a Pre Launch Rover 75 Still on the Road.

£1,700 with rear wing left
or
£2,000 with rear wing repaired
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 15 Oct 2010, 22:10 #1 

Rammie
Hi Lewis, looks a real treasure for someone who appreciates what they would be buying.
I'm sure you are really sad to be doing this but I'm sure, needs must.

I hope your sale goes well, keep us informed on how it goes.

Regards

Brian
Brian

Posted 16 Oct 2010, 08:52 #2