Rover trailer wiring by PaulT

PaulT
Just stripped out the offical Rover look from my 51 Tourer destined to be installed in my facelift Tourer.

In the 51 there were sockets at the front (as there was at the rear) to connect the loom to. Will these be present in the 04?

If anyone has a copy of the fitting instructions I would be most grateful for a copy

Thanks
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 25 Mar 2012, 19:30 #1 

yl51hfb
Think there is afew diffrent sockets depending on what passanger fusebox you have.

Posted 25 Mar 2012, 20:04 #2 

PaulT
yl51hfb wrote:Think there is afew diffrent sockets depending on what passanger fusebox you have.

Thanks for that but on my 51 it did not require connecting to the fusebox, within the loom at the front were sockets to connect to.
Paul

Posted 26 Mar 2012, 05:50 #3 

Duncan
The wire is in the later cars, but not a connector just a bare terminal. The wire colour is the same. Once connected you have to connect the other end in the underbonnet fusebox.

There was one other wire in the early cars near where the power feed was. This was to connect to the light switch module. On later cars you have to run this wire accross the car to the LSM (Light Switch Module) and add the wire into the connector yourself.

Posted 26 Mar 2012, 19:08 #4 

PaulT
Thanks both.

Does anyone have a RAVE that they could print out the instructions for me?
Paul

Posted 27 Mar 2012, 07:07 #5 

Duncan
I will try to get the details, but I've been a bit stuck for time. How urgent is it?

Posted 27 Mar 2012, 11:57 #6 

PaulT
Thanks Duncan - will not be doing it for a couple of weeks.
Paul

Posted 27 Mar 2012, 12:13 #7