Rover 75 MG ZT Handbrake Compensator Modification by Arctic (Page 2 of 3)

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Ian.
Glad you approve I received your old compensator back today most appreciated cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 22 Feb 2014, 23:32 #21 

PuffinBIlly
Hi Arctic - I've recently joined, prompted by the necessity to get one of these - I've mailed twice on here, but nothing showing in my sent folder or outbox???? - I'd be keen to have your help as we don't seem too far apart - let me know please - either on here or at .
Cheers
Pete

Posted 22 Mar 2014, 18:36 #22 

Last edited by PuffinBIlly on 26 Apr 2018, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
PuffinBIlly wrote:Hi Arctic - I've recently joined, prompted by the necessity to get one of these - I've mailed twice on here, but nothing showing in my sent folder or outbox???? - I'd be keen to have your help as we don't seem too far apart - let me know please -
Pete

Hi Pete I'll give Steve a nudge for you. I'll be seeing him tomorrow in the flesh anyway as there is a Nanomeet on, if you are local you might like to come too. http://midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/forum/vi ... ?f=27&t=76

Posted 22 Mar 2014, 18:47 #23 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Mick.
Thank you just been busy gearing up for later today :thumbsup: Pete as Mick says you are more than welcome to come to the meet and I should be able to fit you in, if not drop me an email reply as I have sent one to you along with a PM cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 23 Mar 2014, 01:24 #24 

Arctic
(Trader)
I have a few ready after a weekend of modifying, so remember if you would like one please send me a PM or email cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 31 Mar 2014, 02:06 #25 

PBJM1865
Hi Arctic. Sent you a PM but not sure if you got it? Can you tell me how I can get one of these Compensators please?

Posted 31 Mar 2014, 18:29 #26 

Mike Warwick Case
Please could you provide me with your email address to enable me to order one of your stainless steel modified hand brake compensators? Thank you, Yours sincerely Mike Waewick Case. My email address is

edited.

Posted 20 Apr 2014, 14:26 #27 

Arctic
(Trader)
Mike Warwick Case wrote:Please could you provide me with your email address to enable me to order one of your stainless steel modified hand brake compensators? Thank you, Yours sincerely Mike Waewick Case. My email address is

HI Mike
email sent you I would therefore remove your email addy from open forum, or ask a moderator to do so cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 20 Apr 2014, 18:50 #28 

peanuts
Hi Artic , looking a compensator email is ************** will pay with paypal as soon as i get details. thanks

Posted 21 May 2014, 20:40 #29 

mikeb
Hi Artic,Would like to buy a compensator, please fwd payment deatails etc, my e-mail is ***************, thanks for your help, MikE B (works number ************)

Posted 22 May 2014, 07:13 #30 

Arctic
(Trader)
peanuts wrote:Hi Artic , looking a compensator email is ************** will pay with paypal as soon as i get details. thanks

Hi Adrian.
Pm received and replied to I will then await your email to me cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 May 2014, 00:23 #31 

Arctic
(Trader)
mikeb wrote:Hi Artic,Would like to buy a compensator, please fwd payment deatails etc, my e-mail is ***************, thanks for your help, MikE B (works number ************)

Hi Mike
Pm received and replied to I will then await your email to me I would remove your email address and phone number if I was you from open forum as a safety issue cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 May 2014, 00:24 #32 

Keysman
Hi Artic, I need a handbrake compensator fot my MG ZTT Tourer. Can you send me the payment details? Many thanks, Keysman

Posted 27 May 2014, 11:30 #33 

PuffinBIlly
Hi Arctic - good to meet you yesterday and thanks for the modded plenum cover. As the weather held off today, I fitted the modded compensator thanks to your excellent installation guide. As someone else noted, if working alone, you have to get seriously rough with the carpet to get at the torx screws, apart from that, it was easy and basic job done in just over 30 min.

Try as I might though, I can't get the kick strips to re-engage with both the plastic plugs on the inner sill, I can only get it to hold on one on each side. I've even dug the gel stuff out of one of the mounting lugs, but it still won't catch, no matter how hard I press down, Heigh ho, maybe when the carpet has settled, or maybe I'll mod the kick strips by sawing off the uncooperative lugs and putting a self tapper in from the top, through the kick strip and into the mounting post.

Anyhow, the handbrake now works and I have the old compensator to return if you mail me your address.

Best regards
PB

Posted 20 Jul 2014, 21:53 #34 

Zeeblum
Hi Arctic, Ive been searching for a fix for this for some time, hey presto you've done it! I'd like to purchase one please. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Zeeblum

Ps You wouldn't have any advise on how best to go about replacing a silencer on my zt cdti 131 would you? I have been told that the silencer does very little on the diesels. Can I do away with it and just stick some tails on the end of the pipe? or maybe a cheap ebay universal type stainless straight through back box? or is it worth doing a stainless cat back system? and would that really make noticeable difference to the performance of the car? Is the exhaust doing enough that I could get a reasonable note out of it?

Posted 03 Sep 2014, 23:29 #35 

Arctic
(Trader)
[quote="Zeeblum"]Hi Arctic, Ive been searching for a fix for this for some time, hey presto you've done it! I'd like to purchase one please. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Zeeblum

Hi Zeeblum.
You need to drop me a PM and or email and I will forward the details for you cheers Arctic .
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 03 Sep 2014, 23:55 #36 

racing green rover
hi arctic i sent you a PM i wish to purchase one of these and return my old one or i will happily send my old one first to you

Posted 15 Sep 2014, 16:04 #37 

Arctic
(Trader)
racing green rover wrote:hi arctic i sent you a PM i wish to purchase one of these and return my old one or i will happily send my old one first to you

Hi There.
PM replied to but as far as (Tempus Fugit on mgrover.org forums) I do not know whom he is, i stopped supplying compensators to .ORG over 20 months ago after quite a few members on there never returned the old compensators, this reduced my stock by at least 8 units which I had to replace myself as considerable cost.

It now seems that some members from .ORG think or thought join here and obtain one then, but if you read my reply there is certain criteria to be meet because of those minority.

( Criteria )
(It is imperative that you are able to keep to the at most a 10 day turn round and essential that you return your old compensator, if you think you can not keep to this please do not purchase until you think you are able to appreciated.

Usually i only send out modified compensators to members whom have posted at least 50 times on the forums but Please contact me through this safe portal at. )
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Sep 2014, 10:52 #38 

racing green rover
Arctic i have email'd you

Posted 16 Sep 2014, 20:22 #39 

Iainhilary
I would like to get my hands on a handbrake compensator. Can you advise how I do it?

Posted 05 Oct 2014, 16:53 #40