removing electric front seats by Lry24

Lry24
not done this before, but need to take out the carpet to dry, have been reading up and noted someone saying to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes before removing the front seats, is this correct, are there other things i need to watch out for. thanks

Posted 05 Jan 2023, 18:41 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Lry24 wrote:not done this before, but need to take out the carpet to dry, have been reading up and noted someone saying to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes before removing the front seats, is this correct, are there other things i need to watch out for. thanks

Hi Laith.
I have removed lots of electric seats, over the last 10 years, i have never disconnected the battery, i think some say to do this because of the air bag connectors, but if the ignition as been off for 30 minutes or more everything should be fine.

Slide forward the seat as far as it will go, undo the two torx50 bolts in the rail, once removed slide the seat backwards as far as it will go then undo the two front torx/ribe bolts once they are out you can lift the seat a little & tilt it back to remove the plugs one large black plug then the tow air bag plugs all connected to the seat cross member just twist and turn to release from the cross member.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 06 Jan 2023, 10:11 #2