Removed from office by Mick (Page 11 of 11)

raistlin
Pete has answered my question on the club forum.

I therefore see no moral justification to continue posting on the thread that I started.

I hope his comments about fiefdom lead to a more open regime. :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 08:08 #201 

Zeb
' Help! Help I'm being oppressed!' :gmc:

I feel a sketch coming on Paul... ;)

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 08:47 #202 

MrB
Duncan wrote:
Mick wrote:
MrB wrote:
Duncan wrote:Regarding the stickers.

Theres a product around that I've yet to see fail to help in these situations. It's called label remover and seems to diisolve any sticky tape kind of substance you care to name. It affects some kinds of plastics (some clear plastics, I think polystyrene) but otherwise is a brilliant product.

Don't suppose you have a link to where you can get this stuff from???

A quick googly will sort you out.:_

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&so ... =&gs_rfai=

Yes loads of places, and also plenty of places on the bay of fleas.

I had googled it but I was just wondering if was one particular one that was recommended or are they all essentially the same?

The Maplin one would probably be the easiest for me to get my hands on.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 10:54 #203 

Duncan
MrB wrote:I had googled it but I was just wondering if was one particular one that was recommended or are they all essentially the same?

The Maplin one would probably be the easiest for me to get my hands on.

Sorry, get you now.

All the ones I have used over the years have been the aerosol version and have been basically the same. It's partly citrus oil with some other solvents, so always smells like you've been peeling oranges. I've used RS own brand, CPC own brand, and Servisol that I can remember. I would imagine that most of the others are basically the same, but can't vouch for it. I'd try the maplin one as a starter.

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 12:08 #204 

starbug2
raistlin wrote:Pete has answered my question on the club forum.

I therefore see no moral justification to continue posting on the thread that I started.

i assume his answer is not for general listing ? either way i hope things can be calmer on the club front :cheers: and that we can go on from this none the worse and that if the ones that have been "sacked" wish to , that they can rejoin but that is :censored: to me as i only know very basic stuff that has been posted about this matter and to a degree rather sad about it all :panic: but for now its as ever it was with 2 meets upcoming + what ever else :unionflag: :thumbsup: :clap:

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 15:16 #205 

raistlin
starbug2 wrote:
raistlin wrote:Pete has answered my question on the club forum.

i assume his answer is not for general listing ? either way i hope things can be calmer on the club front :cheers: and that we can go on from this none the worse and that if the ones that have been "sacked" wish to , that they can rejoin but that is :censored: to me as i only know very basic stuff that has been posted about this matter and to a degree rather sad about it all :panic: but for now its as ever it was with 2 meets upcoming + what ever else :unionflag: :thumbsup: :clap:

I asked only one question in my OP, and from what Pete said, I'm content that posts will not be subject to unwarranted deletion :)

Other people have asked other questions though and I guess they will be answered in due course. :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Jun 2010, 15:25 #206 

revor
Hi to all concerned. if its not too nosey or painful could I ask what the reason was for the split aka being thrown out after so much good work. I tried asking on the other side but got a glossed over answer.

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 13:41 #207 

Mick
(Site Admin)
revor wrote:Hi to all concerned. if its not too nosey or painful could I ask what the reason was for the split aka being thrown out after so much good work. I tried asking on the other side but got a glossed over answer.

You will have a PM shortly. :)

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 13:45 #208 

JohnDotCom
Beat me Mick, Thanks. :)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 13:48 #209 

Mick
(Site Admin)
JohnDotCom wrote:Beat me Mick. :)

OK, 10 quids a session, allright with you? :whump: :nurse:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 14:05 #210 

JohnDotCom
No appropriate smiley for response. :o :stirer:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 16:33 #211 

revor
Hi mike/jdc. dont squabble over me. [smilies are on but this all I get :D , what am I doing wrong?]. not very good at P C usage. met jdc at peterboro last year and had a chat. dont know what members numbers are at present, is it too early yet for a getogether meet in autumn?. peter.

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 15:47 #212 

revor
Hi mick. [sorry about the mike]. my last message should have said thanks for your prompt reply on 21-07 at 15.01. thanks again peter

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 15:55 #213 

JohnDotCom
If you are still having problems with the smileys just PM any member of Crew (admins) or ask in any post and I'm sure someone will give you assistance. ;)
John

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 16:09 #214 

takestock
revor wrote:Hi mike/jdc. dont squabble over me. [smilies are on but this all I get :D , what am I doing wrong?]. not very good at P C usage. met jdc at peterboro last year and had a chat. dont know what members numbers are at present, is it too early yet for a getogether meet in autumn?. peter.

We are having a picnic in Sept Peter :thumbsup:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Jul 2010, 16:15 #215