Removed from office by Mick (Page 7 of 11)

Mick
(Site Admin)
We can't post on the Owners Club forum but as all the appointed moderators have registered here as well and will probably see this post.
From the 4 Ex SuperMods. We wish you all the very best in your new positions. If you need any advice you are most welcome to ask. No, I am not joking.

You have to keep one small thing in mind, when Kandyman and I helped start the owners club as their moderators, we had never done it before so give a break to those that have not been around long or have few posts. John and Simon had the benefit of mine and Andys experience to draw on when we chose them to join us. We chose them because we wanted them on our team and not because they volunteered.

The new set of moderators are most welcome to draw on our experience if they feel the need. As I keep saying and I'm sure you are sick of hearing it. the members are the most important part of any club or forum and we will support the members of the owners club as always.

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 23:41 #121 

Boot Hill Bandit
Mick wrote:We can't post on the Owners Club forum but as all the appointed moderators have registered here as well and will probably see this post.
From the 4 Ex SuperMods. We wish you all the very best in your new positions. If you need any advice you are most welcome to ask. No, I am not joking.

You have to keep one small thing in mind, when Kandyman and I helped start the owners club as their moderators, we had never done it before so give a break to those that have not been around long or have few posts. John and Simon had the benefit of mine and Andys experience to draw on when we chose them to join us. We chose them because we wanted them on our team and not because they volunteered.

The new set of moderators are most welcome to draw on our experience if they feel the need. As I keep saying and I'm sure you are sick of hearing it. the members are the most important part of any club or forum and we will support the members of the owners club as always.

Many thanks for that fella! I do understand how daunting the task can be............and I notice already some are judging us merely on face value which is a shame.

I used to be a moderator on a karting forum for a good while as I have been involved in karting heavily since I was 16.......I'm now 26 and have achieved quite a lot in terms of professional race craft, running a kart, managing drivers, running and managing a large race team and lastly being a forum moderator.

I then bought a ZS and quickly became a regular and well known face on theMGZS.co.uk and did the same there becoming one of the team on the forum.

Now in the situation of becoming a Dad second time around this time with a baby of our own I am buying the ZT as it is more family orientated rather than bouncing around on the road in a road legal race car lol. I might not know a lot about the ZT but I will learn...........just as I have with everything else. I intend on this being my last car change so I won't be going anywhere.

I hope that clears things up a little about my experience of the role.
JIM

[centre]Image[/centre]

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 10:02 #122 

PaulT
Whose Christopher?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 12:08 #123 

stroheim
Don't think I know all the reasons why the members were banned but I think something died a little on the old forum since their departure. Anyway best of luck and I am glad already that I have joined

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 12:39 #124 

baconbuttyman
stroheim wrote:Don't think I know all the reasons why the members were banned but I think something died a little on the old forum since their departure. Anyway best of luck and I am glad already that I have joined

just to add to Bandits post, i have moderated on a few sites from freecycle to my own sites so i am no stranger to the role either, judge me for what i am not what you percieve,
no nobody knows what really went on do they? Please deregister me from this site, i have my values and i was very dissapoiunted by a few things i was told today. good luck with the forum and hope all goes well.
BBM
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 15:38 #125 

Zeb
How unnecessary.. :|

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 16:17 #126 

Mick
(Site Admin)
baconbuttyman wrote:
stroheim wrote:Don't think I know all the reasons why the members were banned but I think something died a little on the old forum since their departure. Anyway best of luck and I am glad already that I have joined

just to add to Bandits post, i have moderated on a few sites from freecycle to my own sites so i am no stranger to the role either, judge me for what i am not what you percieve,
no nobody knows what really went on do they? Please deregister me from this site, i have my values and i was very dissapoiunted by a few things i was told today. good luck with the forum and hope all goes well.
BBM

That'll be a no. You are welcome here anytime you want to post or just read what's going on. I'm having none of this silly partisan bullshit, whatever you have been told by whomever will only be what they wanted you to hear. If you want a full account then just ask me, you will get the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I am the only person that knows the ins and outs of the situation and the reasons for my instigating the setting up this forum. Not in opposition but as a way of expressing my own personal desire for a free run at what is after all the love of the cars and the people that use them.
What I won't do is delete posts containing opinion, be it informed or not. Everybody is entitled. As it happens I refuse to delete any post unless specifically requested by the poster and it will have to be a good reason. I also will not be deleting any accounts or banning anybody unless they seriously piss me off.
I have deleted one account and that was Fred. I tried my best to make him see sense but he was having none of it. I sincerely hope he has a change of heart and signs up again as his good humour and subtle wit are sorely missed.

Can we please all just return to semi adult behaviour and just laugh about all this nonsense. Anybody would think it was real life. :scared:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 16:32 #127 

sudderz71
Excellent reply Mick and a thouroughly refreshing attitude be a shame for baconbuttyman or any of the other new mods to think that their not welcome here just as much as to think i am not still welcome on the rover75andztforums,i can and will do both and enjoy them just as much,so cheers all. :cheers:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 17:15 #128 

Raistlin
Mick,

Having been through all this load of old cobblers when Rovergroup was formed, I support your previous post 100%

It'll take a while for some people to realise that the one forum does not threaten the other, and it might be contrary to what some others are hoping for, but given time, both fora will settle to peaceful co-existence.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 17:33 #129 

baconbuttyman
raistlin wrote:Mick,

Having been through all this load of old cobblers when Rovergroup was formed, I support your previous post 100%

It'll take a while for some people to realise that the one forum does not threaten the other, and it might be contrary to what some others are hoping for, but given time, both fora will settle to peaceful co-existence.

of which there is no doubt
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:17 #130 

PaulT
Perhaps different types of people have to support only one and be totally against any other.

Thinking of Football and the way some have to kick in the head of anyone who supports another team.

In contrast I have been in the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff when England beat Wales (rugby) - the Welsh attitude you deserved to win congratulations - they wre there to watch a game not create a war.

An email that I received from Mick put his side and, from events etc seemed to make absolute sense. The Club seemed to mishandle this - seemed to me that it would have been far better and more respected if they had stated exactly what had happened and also given the URL of this site.

There is a different feel to this site - but do not forget this is the honeymoon - lets hope it stays this way.
Paul

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:22 #131 

Last edited by PaulT on 07 Jun 2010, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDotCom
There is a different feel to this site - but do not forget this is the honeymoon - lets hope it stays this way.

I'm sure it will, be alright till the 7 year itch. :mrgreen: :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:36 #132 

Dave
Mick wrote:I also will not be deleting any accounts or banning anybody unless they seriously piss me off

Refreshing not just in what you say but in the words you use.

I actually didn't hear any sucking of air through teeth at the use of the "P" word......

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:43 #133 

sudderz71
Yeah no swear filter naughty or what,lol.:twisted:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 19:37 #134 

SpongeBob
sudderz71 wrote:Yeah no swear filter naughty or what,lol.:twisted:

We know you are all grown ups and well behaved ;)

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 19:40 #135 

Raistlin

No swear filter? Let me just test that... *$&% *&&, ""£$%, son of a b*^%$, !£(*

Hmm, do those show up OK?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 19:40 #136 

Duncan
SpongeBob wrote:

We know you are all grown ups and well behaved ;)

Don't you ever accuse me of being grown up. How dare you. :hissyfit:

But I'll try to be well behaved!

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 19:48 #137 

Lightpainter
I had a very nice PM from Pete on the other side explaining the facts from his point of view; which I thought was very nice of him.

As far as I could make out, forming that forum is exactly what the directors did to separate from the .org site.

I still haven’t seen an explanation from your point of view lads, is there going to be one forthcoming?

As I have membership to both forums all I can say is, twice the expertise, twice the fun!

All the best with your new endeavour.

Pete.

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 21:54 #138 

Dave
Lightpainter wrote:As I have membership to both forums all I can say is, twice the expertise, twice the fun!

All for a tenner..........

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 06:33 #139 

PaulT
raistlin wrote:

No swear filter? Let me just test that... *$&% *&&, ""£$%, son of a b*^%$, !£(*

Hmm, do those show up OK?

Please, please, please do not let this forum degenerate into one of bad language. It is does not make for pleasant reading and totally defeats a good community
Paul

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 06:48 #140