Really need some help, electrics gone! by Paulcornwall

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Paulcornwall
Today I tried installing my parrot handsfree to my cdti. Normally a very easy affair however this has turned in to a disaster. After if failing to work I realised there was also a old factory fitted Nokia unit hard wired and hidden away, so I effectively had 2 handsfree kits wired in series. After reconnecting things the radio no longer works, the climate control, clock and electric windows. I have checked all obvious fuses and all seem fine. There is power going to the radio harness, along with an earth but she still fails to come alive. I disconnected the battery for 10mins and the windows worked for a short period of time before dying. I have exhausted all my knowledge and now need you guys to help. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Posted 10 Oct 2014, 21:02 #1 

Duncan
There's a permanent feed and an aux feed. Have you checked they are both there? It sounds like the permanent one, if the clock isn't working, as this doesn't get the aux feed. It would be a purple / pink wire.

Posted 11 Oct 2014, 08:27 #2 

Paulcornwall
When you say aux feed do you mean switchable 12v lead?

Posted 11 Oct 2014, 12:02 #3 

Paulcornwall
Just checked purple/pink lead is getting power.

Posted 11 Oct 2014, 12:05 #4 

Duncan
Yes, the aux power is light green white, switched by the 'aux' position on the ignition switch.

Posted 11 Oct 2014, 12:39 #5 

Paulcornwall
T

Posted 11 Oct 2014, 17:35 #6 

Paulcornwall
After a day messing around I have found the earth to have continuity to earth, but the red/white wire to have continuity to ground also. Surely this is wrong and potentially my problem?

Posted 11 Oct 2014, 17:37 #7 

Paulcornwall
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the radio in order to track where this illumination (red/white) wire goes?

Posted 12 Oct 2014, 10:21 #8 

Duncan
Red white is illumination, so if the lights aren't on, then the other lights will look like a ground to your meter. This won't stop all of those systems working.

The white light green appears to be shared by many of the things you say aren't working, but not the clock. Try fuse 11 in the passenger fusebox.

Posted 12 Oct 2014, 15:52 #9