Rain Sensor by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
What wiring is required to fit a rain sensor? Have a new windscreen with sensor so I want to wire it into the car.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 29 Dec 2017, 14:18 #1 

PaulT
You may have wiring up in the headlining. If not, you will need the loom from a car with it. You just need the loom that goes from the base of the A pillar (by the bottom of the windscreen on the o/s) to the headlining. There is a socket there - unplug the existing and plug in the 'new'. You will need the covers to hide the sensor so go for a dimming mirror with the covers.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Dec 2017, 18:33 #2 

Bermudan 75
Thanks Paul, I already have an auto dimming mirror. Fortunately my headlining and A post trims are not yet fully fitted in as I replaced the original one because the foam under the fabric had perished.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 29 Dec 2017, 18:41 #3 

PaulT
My windscreen needed replacing so I replaced it with a rain sensor one and just prior to that I removed the a post trim and ran the new harness up in to the roof ready to make the connections. I also wanted to run up some other cables for dash cam etc. So when the chap came to replace the screen the trim was on the back seat. He fitted the screen and then commented to me 'I put the trim back on before I put the screen in because they are a 'bugger' to fit with the screen in.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Dec 2017, 16:51 #4