Petrol / Diesel to go up 33 Pence per Gallon by carlpenn

carlpenn
Recieved this from Fair Fuel UK today. Please Help by showing your support and using the link in the text, to contact your local MP.

Please also copy and paste the text and pass on to anyone in your address books etc to ask them to show support.

Dear FairFuelUK Supporter
The Government is still on track to put up fuel duty in January 2012 and August 2012. These rises will add 33p per gallon to the already massive cost of petrol and diesel.
If you are angry and upset by the high cost of petrol and diesel please do the following two things for us as soon as you can:

1. If you haven’t already done so, go to this link http://action.fairfueluk.com/debateNov15, put your postcode in and then follow the instructions to send an email to your MP urging them to attend a major debate in Parliament next Tuesday 15th November on this vital issue. If they don’t know how upset and angry we are about this issue, they may not attend.

2. Please just pass this email on to everyone you know urging them to use the link above and then pass it on to all their contacts.

We need thousands of people to press their MPs on this issue. The Chamber of the House of Commons needs to be packed with MPs next Tuesday who are in no doubt about the suffering being caused by high petrol and diesel prices.

We need your help to do this…
Thanks again for all your support in the fight for lower petrol and diesel prices
Very kind regards
The FairFuelUK Campaign team
Quentin Willson, Peter Carroll, Lynne Beaumont, Howard Cox
The RAC, FTA and RHA
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 08 Nov 2011, 17:01 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Tax increases also affect home heating oil, so not only would it negate the use of private car (not an option where I live) it will also drive thousands more into fuel poverty. How many more pensioners have die of the cold? Petition signed and passed on.

Posted 08 Nov 2011, 19:20 #2 

geesmith
I suppose they need to recoup the cost of all those multi millions of pounds worth of missiles they used to get their hands on some cheaper oil. Oh well at least we allowed people to regress to lynchings. They were quick to support the people rising up against their government in a foreign land. They seem unaware of their throwing and glass houses display. All that along with their other treasonous acts. Fuse, match and tax increase. It's our lives and country they're spoiling. Is it a taunt doing this around the 5th of November? Signed.

Posted 08 Nov 2011, 21:49 #3 

carlpenn
Thanks for your Signatures.

Just to clarify for other readers - F.F.UK needed 100 Thousand Signatures on a Petition to get the Petition looked at in teh House of Commons, they achieved that and now on NOvember 15th it will be debated in the HoC.

The above Post is for members to encourage their MP's to attend the Debate and stand for their Constituents :)
Upgrades:

Posted 08 Nov 2011, 22:30 #4 

weeman
:thumbsup: Sent!..... now lets see what happens.

Posted 10 Nov 2011, 19:38 #5 

Chartermark
Duty only applies to 35 second heating oil - known as Gas Oil (red diesel).

This variant normally fires 'pressure Jet' type boilers, used mainly for office or industrial heating.

Most domestic heating uses 28 second fuel (kerosene), on which there is no duty charged at present.

http://www.trjones.co.uk/index.php?opti ... s&Itemid=3

Posted 10 Nov 2011, 21:54 #6 

carlpenn
A further update for those interested:

Today you will see the FairFuelUK Campaign Team interviewed on BBC, ITV, Sky, Radio 5, 4 and many local Radio Stations. This is because FairFuelUK goes to the the floor of the House of Commons for the MPs debate about lower fuel prices.
Early indications show that the Government has listened to some extent. We will know more early evening following the debate.
Many of the Newspapers have already predicted based on the FairFuelUK Campaign's efforts so far that the Govt is prepared to scrap the next fuel duty rise.
However whilst this is a welcome response, it remains just one of our core objectives, the main one of course is to see a significant cut in fuel duty in order to get the economy growing again.
SO please continue to get all your friends and colleagues to sign up and support http://www.fairfueluk.com. Battles may be won but the war for common sense goes on.
Thanks for your support
Very kind regards
The FairFuelUK Campaign team
Quentin Willson, Peter Carroll, Lynne Beaumont, Howard Cox
The RAC, FTA and RHA
Upgrades:

Posted 15 Nov 2011, 09:27 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
leap forward 10 years and look at us now £1.47 at BP station by me £1.59 if you use the boost juice diesel, that is if they have any, lots of panic buying going on thanks to the papers and news, as we know it must be true if the papers & news report it, next big rush will toys for Christmas, i bet you i still get socks and pants :lol:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Sep 2021, 22:41 #8 

takestock
just managed to fill up at 1.32ltr petrol. that will get me down to the Nano and back with not much change :( :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 01 Oct 2021, 13:21 #9 

MrDoodles
Well the last two fill up's of 97 Octane in the 190 and the JCW, were both at £1.379, which I've just worked out at £6.15 a gallon! :panic:

The move to price petrol by the Litre, instead of the gallon, was one of the biggest cons ever hoisted on the UK public! :(

Posted 04 Oct 2021, 17:04 #10 

Bernard
I can remember petrol being 2s/6d per gallon, that's 12.5p per GALLON. Although when I was first buying it the price was around 4s/10d (under 25 p) per gallon. At that time a pint of bitter was one shilling (5p) per pint, look what it is now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 05 Oct 2021, 18:56 #11 

Trebor
Mate of mine used to have an old dodge with a massive boot, we regularly went to Santa Pod in it and a couple of us would hide in the boot when we got close to avoid paying and then share the cost of the 2 paying at the gate between the 4 of us, not sure how many gallons the tank held but it was a lot and the cost to fill it up around £20 at the time.
I agree about the con of buying fuel in litres, I am still definitely a pound shillings and pence man too
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 14 Oct 2021, 21:58 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
12 months on from my last post and look where we are now.

While out today i put some diesel in the FL2 at the place i have been using since 2020.
Image1

On the way back home i pass three other fuel garages BP and Esso.

£186.9 Esso
Image2

The next is the BP.
£191.9
Image3

The last another Esso 150 yards up the road.
Image4

How can two different Esso have a 6p difference in price, to me it is clear profiteering which i thought was illegal in the UK the prices are now back to when Covid was in its prime 2020-21 which was also reported on here then
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Nov 2022, 09:53 #13