Parking sensors - recommendation? by Bernard

Bernard
Anyone had experience of fitting aftermarket reverse sensors?
I suppose that I really want to know if the cheap kits on ebay are any good.
It's for my father's VW by the way.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 19 Jul 2011, 19:23 #1 

takestock
Fitted the cheapest kits available some 2 yr ago to the 75, I went for the ones with the buzzer only. Been great. Even come with the correct size drill for the bumper.
Only problem with them is after a heavy downpour you tend to get a continuous beep only :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 19 Jul 2011, 19:39 #2 

Duncan
I had a similar experience to Dave. Dirt or rain stopped them quickly.

I also felt that the distance they first started warning was a bit short, so I never really trusted them like I do the OE ones on cars.

Posted 19 Jul 2011, 20:09 #3 

Bernard
Thanks for that, OE is out of the question bearing in mind their price, so I'll give the cheapo ones a try.
Now need to find a VW nano-meet :roll: Some hope.

Posted 19 Jul 2011, 20:18 #4 

Duncan
Bernard wrote:
Now need to find a VW nano-meet :roll: Some hope.

Oh ye of little faith:

http://www.freewebs.com/techenders/index.htm

Posted 19 Jul 2011, 21:52 #5 

Bernard
Duncan wrote:Oh ye of little faith:

http://www.freewebs.com/techenders/index.htm

They seem to be well organised.
There may be some ideas for us from their website.

I can't see them welcoming a late Polo though. ;)

Posted 20 Jul 2011, 08:58 #6 

Dallas
These kits are just great! I have fitted several of these kits to my vehicles over the years as well as friends and families (I fitted kits to both my 75's).

They do really work well and are very accurate, you can rely on the continued beep or go by the 0.0 distance on the LCD LED (Light Emitting Diode) display panel when reversing. I find if I stop on the 0.0 I am actually only 10" away from the object, which I think is brilliant (the 75 has a BIG rear end and reversing sensors are a god send).

Its an easy process with fitting BUT! you will sweat a little when you start drilling into the 75's bumper as its so big bold and beautiful, on a 75 you can take the bumper off and you will see the markings for the factory fit sensors where they would of gone if your 75 had them fitted standard from the factory (but as its a VW that wont matter). :-D

You can use the supplied drill which is very good quality, just make sure you use a power drill that is plugged into the mains (the cordless 9v 12v rechargeable drills may tear into the bumper through lack of power) 24v may do it but make sure its fully charged and ready to go.

Only two wires to connect, one to earth and one to your reverse + wire on the back of your rear light cluster wire loom.

The Cisbo kits are the better kit as they are base on Philips DSP technique, some of the other kits are copies and not as good quality.

Get shopping and then get drilling...... Good Luck! :thumbsup:

LCD Parking Aid 1024x768.JPG

Cisbo Parking Aid Module RESIZED 394x525.jpg

Fitting Reversing Sensors 1024x768 No Plate.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 20 Jul 2011, 20:26 #7