Oh what joy - a parking fine by PaulT

PaulT
Just had a parking fine for Lidl in Mablethorpe Lincs pop through the door. States that I arrived at 13:13 and left at 15:05 so overstayed the 1:30 limit hence a £45 fine.

On the day in question we visited Lidl and bought some groceries, went home and decided to go back and get a storage box they had. Hence, two visits to the store. So phone them up. I stated that they have two more images, my leaving from the first visit and returning for the second visit'. The reply was that the cameras do not always pick up arrivals and departures - WHAT. I was told 'you will need to either write in or email us by way of an appeal stating why you do not think it is correct'.

Fortunately, I have both receipts with the times and dates on the receipts. What if I had decided to dispose of the receipts, the storage box had sold out. What chance the little man taking on a parking company.

I should add I have also made a complaint to Lidl regarding the cameras not always picking up arrivals and departures.

Happy shopping
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 22 Apr 2014, 13:03 #1 

ceedy
if its a private company making the demands, then you can just ignore them as they are classed as unenforceable ( if that's the right term)..

Been there done it , tea shirt etc .. ;)
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 22 Apr 2014, 13:37 #2 

raistlin
It's not a fine Paul. It's an invitation to pay. Only the Courts or specified delegated bodies can impose fines :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Apr 2014, 15:12 #3 

PaulT
Yes, the document says 'Civil Parking Charge Notice' and not fine.

With regard to unenforceable - what about the provisions of Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.
Paul

Posted 22 Apr 2014, 15:48 #4 

Bermudan 75
Yup, ignore it, janet got one and despite numerouse threatening letters I told her to ignore it, it has now faded away.....

Cheers

Mike

Posted 22 Apr 2014, 21:38 #5 

PaulT
Mike, I will not ignore this - I have not exceeded the time limit, it was not one visit as they claim but two separate visits so they are in breach of the Act (see above) that they reference in their letter.

I have receipts from my two visits - but I nearly did not buy the item that I bought on my second visit. If I had not or had not kept the receipt they would be hounding me for no just cause.

I have no problem with companies enforcing parking restrictions - this particular Lidl is in a holiday resort and in Summer can be packed with very few people actually in the store. What troubles me is that their systems allow for notices to be issued when it is not one visit but two. Perhaps this means that only one visit to Lidl per day is allowed and I will take this point up with Lidl.

In my 'appeal' to the parking company I have asked for a full apology and shall be insisting on this - quite happy to have a battle.
Paul

Posted 23 Apr 2014, 06:59 #6 

Jürgen
Paul, I hope this annoyance won't take any longer. But I wouldn't ignore or pay it either. And I'd tell them, that although I used their store in the past, I'll never do it again. There are other companies out there, which do value their customers.

Posted 23 Apr 2014, 09:13 #7 

PaulT
I have had a reply:

Dear Sir / Madam (WHAT!!!!)

Thank you for your email in regards to the above parking charge.

Please be advised your charge has been cancelled and confirmation attached.

No apology that I ask for and now I am questioning my sex - just a minute going to have a look - looks like I am a Sir.

I shall be writing again to the company, Lidl.

Since moving to where we are now we had a choice of two local supermarkets, the Co-op and Lidl. We discovered that shopping is a lot cheaper and the quality is good. One example is 6 magnum style ice creams £1.99. (if people have not tried Lidl and or Aldi then do give them a try. Both of these German based supermarkets are giving the established big 4 supermarket chains in the UK a headache because they are increasing sales at the expense of the 4. In addition, I like the gadgets that they sell. So to stop shopping there would cost me money - and save onthe gadgets.

So there will be a very strong letter to Lidl head office and I shall also search out the German headquarters and a letter will be going there as well.
Paul

Posted 23 Apr 2014, 17:14 #8 

Bernard
Don't mention the war. :gmc:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 23 Apr 2014, 19:33 #9 

Jürgen
PaulT wrote:So there will be a very strong letter to Lidl head office and I shall also search out the German headquarters and a letter will be going there as well.

Paul, here you go:

Lidl Dienstleistung GmbH & Co. KG
Rötelstraße 30
74166 Neckarsulm

Posted 23 Apr 2014, 19:51 #10 

takestock
Bernard wrote:Don't mention the war. :gmc:

Brilliant :)

( Oh and I wish I could check to see if I was male or female without looking in the mirror :))
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 23 Apr 2014, 21:06 #11 

raistlin
takestock wrote:( Oh and I wish I could check to see if I was male or female without looking in the mirror :))

You and me both mate :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Apr 2014, 21:16 #12 

PaulT
Many thanks Jürgen
Paul

Posted 23 Apr 2014, 22:45 #13