Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 31 May 2013, 19:20 #1 

kandyman
Yes that was interesting reading,

Thanks for sharing.

Posted 31 May 2013, 19:54 #2 

Borg Warner
Oh dear. And yes very interesting reading.

Posted 31 May 2013, 20:32 #3 

Bermudan 75
.......so not a bird strike as reported by the BBC....

Posted 31 May 2013, 21:53 #4 

Duncan
The point of all 'news' media these days, is to guess what happened and report that. It's no longer acceptable to wait until we find out what actually happened. Sometimes they guess right, in this case they guessed wrong. Just bear this in mind next time a 'fact' is reported!

Posted 01 Jun 2013, 08:16 #5 

raistlin
Same thing occurred albeit to a lesser extent in the early reporting of the sentencing of Mark Bridger, which is why I've made available the official transcript elsewhere on the Community forum :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 01 Jun 2013, 10:58 #6 

Bermudan 75
The footage shown by the BBC clearly showed the cowlings missing from both engines, it was immediately obvious to me that this was not a bird strike but a human error. Also I can't remember hearing of a bird strike taking out two engines, don't think the VC10 ever lost two engines to a bird strike. So birds taking out the engines on each wing?????

Cheers

Mike

Posted 02 Jun 2013, 22:02 #7 

Jürgen
Rover418275 wrote:Also I can't remember hearing of a bird strike taking out two engines, don't think the VC10 ever lost two engines to a bird strike. So birds taking out the engines on each wing?????

UA 1549 lost both engines due to a bird strike on 15 Jan 2009.

Posted 02 Jun 2013, 22:21 #8