No do not drink and drive ads by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
I see the Government are to save a few more million pounds this year with not putting on any TV adverts to try and stop people from drinking and driving as not reaching the right people.

I know what they mean though, a local alcoholic who has been banned from driving twice so far, said he has never seen said adverts other years as they are always on when he was in the pub!
That was a answer he gave in court, so they don't, as they say reach their target audience.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 13 Dec 2010, 23:08 #1 

raistlin
The "target audience", I understand, is male and female in the early twenties age group. Interesting ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 14 Dec 2010, 08:57 #2 

SpongeBob
I've noticed a number of adverts in pubs at the moment targeting all ages by the looks of it. Usually revolving around sayings such as "What will your last order be? A taxi?" followed by the normal "If you've had a drink - don't drive" message. I think by placing them in the pubs at "ground zero" as it were the effect they have will hopefully be increased.

Posted 14 Dec 2010, 15:10 #3