New UK passport design unveiled by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
New passport design unveiled

The Home Office has revealed details of the new UK passport including enhanced security features and images of popular UK tourist attractions.

The key difference is that the security chip will be hidden inside the cover, making it more difficult to replace without causing visible damage.

Pages in the new passport, which will be issued from October, will feature iconic images from around the UK including the White Cliffs of Dover, Ben Nevis and the Giant's Causeway.

Other changes include moving the personal details from the back to the second page and the inclusion of an additional photograph of the owner.

Sarah Rapson, the chief executive of the Identity and Passport Service, said: "Through its combination of physical and electronic security features, the UK passport remains one of the most secure and trusted documents in the world, meeting rigorous international standards.

"The new design is part of our strategy to stay ahead of criminals who look to fraudulently alter or copy passports."

The new passport will replace the 2006 version that added an electronic chip for the first time.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:14 #1 

MrB
Anything that enhances security has to be a good thing.

Hope this won't mean yet another price hike however.

For my family of four it already costs well over £200 for us to renew our passports.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 25 Aug 2010, 21:41 #2 

takestock
If it makes my missus look like that I'll buy her one tomorrow :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 06:12 #3 

starbug2
takestock wrote:If it makes my missus look like that I'll buy her one tomorrow :D

whats it worth not to tell your Mrs that next time i see her :lol:

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 06:24 #4 

SpongeBob
takestock wrote:If it makes my missus look like that I'll buy her one tomorrow :D

If it makes ME look like that I'd want a refund! :panic:

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 10:44 #5 

takestock
SpongeBob wrote:

If it makes ME look like that I'd want a refund! :panic:

iIf you look like that I'm gonna stop snogging Mick :roll:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 14:58 #6 

Bernard
takestock wrote:iIf you look like that I'm gonna stop snogging Mick :roll:

Oh, for heaven's sake! I've only just started to sleep nights again since you last said that. :hissyfit:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 19:17 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bernard wrote:

Oh, for heaven's sake! I've only just started to sleep nights again since you last said that. :hissyfit:

How do you think I feel. :scared:

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 19:25 #8 

takestock
Mick wrote:
Bernard wrote:

How do you think I feel. :scared:

See you at the picnic ( see post 81 here)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=878&p=14495#p14495
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Aug 2010, 19:34 #9