new abs sensor problem after fitting by pip (Page 2 of 2)

Duncan
T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) is not a miracle cure all. It can give guidance on some faults but useless on others. For example it almost without fail shows window motor faults where there are none, and fails to diagnose faults with door locking motors. For the ABS (Antilock Braking System) it usually gives some help by giving a plausibility fault code. But it's easy for that to be misleading because all 'plausibility' means is that one wheel seems to be going round at the wrong speed, and its fairly easy to get the wrong one, or get the code caused by a soft tyre.

Posted 01 Nov 2016, 20:34 #21 

Arctic
(Trader)
pip wrote:Sorry its been a while I have been so busy so I thought I`d update it , I had a new sensor fitted to the drivers side front but it was just the same so I took it to big russ and t4`d it which it was showing front drivers side so I had another hub put on that side as well as the one I`d had put on the passenger side both with new sensors outcome = just the same juddering under braking then I remembered something Arctic had said on his reply so I got a new rear hub and fitted it myself to the offside after cleaning up a rather rusty backplate Finally its cured I was nearly at my wits end and going to trade the car in but as I said previously I hate being beaten so I just kept going but it just goes to show a T4 session doesn`t always show the problem ?

Hi Pip.
I am very surprised the T4 did not show the rear OS as a fault, the front one showing would read the same each time it is read by the T4 unless it was cleared first, which I am presuming Russ did, a few I have looked at turned out to be the OS rear hub reluctor ring.

As you stated above the back plate must be cleaned so no rust is loose as this can give false readings or even damage the ring.

Note the back plate as seen better days and needs replacing some you can clean up, I did in this case before I fitted the hub, I now have the back plates and these will be changed over the next month or so as the car will not be used now the meets have finished.

Image1

Image2

Image3

Image4

Image5

A line fault usually means the sensor a Plausible means the magnetic ring usually.

Image6
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 01 Nov 2016, 22:21 #22