Fitting Rover Parking sensor kit by colskie

colskie
I have just purchased a new rear bumper, for '02 connoisseur that has no parking sensors, which is fitted with Rover sensors and from a scrappy, the controller, sensors, wiring loon and sounder, does anyone have a wiring diagram showing how the sounder is connected to the rest of the items?

Posted 25 Jun 2021, 17:08 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
colskie wrote:I have just purchased a new rear bumper, for '02 connoisseur that has no parking sensors, which is fitted with Rover sensors and from a scrappy, the controller, sensors, wiring loon and sounder, does anyone have a wiring diagram showing how the sounder is connected to the rest of the items?

You will need to look in the boot on the right hand side behind the boot liner, there should be a wiring plug for the parking aid box, the picture below are for an MGZT but the wiring plug should be the same.

R75 & MG ZT rear bumper removal and sensors.
Earlier this year I decided to change my rear bumper for one which had the sensors fitted below is a pictorial of removal and re-fitting.

Rear bumper with out sensors Fig 1
Image1

There are four fixing points under the bumper two centre and one each end at the rear wheels

Rear wheels end should be a self tapper or 10mm bolt Fig 2
Image2

Centre two should be plastic scrivets either side of the towing loop, Fig 3/4
Image3

Image4

Remove the two end self tappers or bolts Fig 5
Image5

Use mole grips if the head is damaged Fig 6
Image6

Next remove the two centre scrivets Fig 7/8
Image7

Image8

you now need to open the boot and you will see five scrivets along the top of the bumper remove these all but the centre one Fig 9
Image9

You can now pull and release the side of the bumper fixed to the rear quarter panel by pulling out and towards you at the same time Fig 10/11/12
Image10

Image11

Image12

Repeat this the other side also Fig 14
Image14

You can now remove the centre scrivet you left in earlier on the top of the bumper Fig 15
Image15

The bumper will now release from the car if sensors are fitted be careful of the wiring Fig 16
Image16

The bumper I removed did not have sensors this being the reason for removing, to be changed for one that as sensors fitted. Fig 17
Image17
make sure you have the connectors in place also Fig 18
Image18

If you are fitting bumper with sensors like i did you will need to remove the side panel carpet covering,the sensor module Fig 19
Image19

Replacement bumper with sensors fitted Fig 20
Image20

Replacement bumper plugged in before fitting to check the sensors work Fig 21
Image21

You now need to remove the white plug from the module Fig 22
Image22

Push on the tag and the holding clip forward to release it Fig 23
Image23

Make sure it is full pushed forward and down otherwise it will not release. Fig 24/25
Image24

Image25

Next remove the rubber grommet from the centre of the rear boot panel, the sensor wiring goes through this Fig 26/27
Image26

Image27

You can now thread the sensor wiring with the white plug through the hole in the rear panel of the car Fig 28/29/30
Image28

Image29

Image30

The grey plug will be on the outside of the panel ready to fit into the rear bumper before fitting Fig 31
Image31

Remember to fit the rubber grommet back in the centre by cutting it open to wrap round the wiring Fig 32
Image32

Fit the white plug to the module Fig 33
Image33

Fit the black plug from the loom in the car to the module Fig 34
Image34

I fitted my module to the side of the car with double sided tape you may want to use the bracket if you have it Fig 35/36
Image35

Image36

Plug the wiring into the bumper and refit the bumper using new screws or bolts if you can the centre scrivets should be ok to use Fig37/38
Image37

Image38

Bumper refitted with working sensors Fig 39
Image39
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 28 Jun 2021, 07:31 #2 

takestock
Another top class how to Steve.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 29 Jun 2021, 09:49 #3 

Jürgen
:thumbsup: Yep, another excellent tutorial, Steve.

Posted 29 Jun 2021, 11:22 #4 

MrDoodles
Excellent "How-to" Steve, thankfully, Phil-T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) fitted sensors to Ed's original bumpers, when he was still doing stuff from home! :hail:

Posted 29 Jun 2021, 21:12 #5