Nano-meet weekend 16 / 17 April 2011 by raistlin (Page 6 of 15)

raistlin
TyphoonTT wrote:I will gladly add an extra pair of hands where needed, but will need instuction on most things other than pulling doors off! :whump: :lol:

Could my Dad ( Tony ) be added to the attendees too please. Apologies , as he is not yet registered here, but will be soon. :em:

Tony is now on the list Ben :)

It'd be great if he feels like joining the Community forum as well :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 19:58 #101 

Last edited by raistlin on 15 Mar 2011, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

raistlin
As April rapidly approaches, if anybody is contemplating having powerfolds (or looms) fitted or any of the elctrickery mods installed, please let us know so that preliminary logistics, where required, can be taken care of. :)
Paul

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:01 #102 

TyphoonTT
He's not really into the posting on forum side of things as much as me, but has thoroughly enjoyed coming to the meets, and meeting you guys. :thumbsup:

Will sign him up when he pops round this week . . . providing I remember. :em:

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:03 #103 

Merl
Aww I'm not on the list :( Can someone add me please :) will be making this and I can even make friday evening possibly too if something is happening then.

Will bring my naff tools and stuff and will give anything a go Apparently at the last one I made a great sun stopper when it was shining in peoples eyes!! Seriously though will try and help as much as I can even if it is just doing drink runs or making coffee all day!
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:07 #104 

Merl
raistlin wrote:As April rapidly approaches, if anybody is contemplating having powerfolds (or looms) fitted or any of the elctrickery mods installed, please let us know so that preliminary logistics, where required, can be taken care of. :)

Erm I have Powerfolds to be fitted but might leave it for another time as might be asking too much already.... That and need some stanchions and fitments as I have bullets going on a skullcap car.
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:08 #105 

raistlin
Merl wrote:Erm I have Powerfolds to be fitted but might leave it for another time as might be asking too much already....

Why's that then Martin? :confused:

Name appended to the OP :)
Paul

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:12 #106 

Duncan
Merl wrote:Right then, should have my ZT and I have the seat covers, if I can book some of you very kind and helpful people I will bring a crate of beer or so for those who would like to help or should I say fit them while I supply beer/tea and coffee as I wil prob be more of a hindrince.... will of course give anything a go with helping and can also give a ride if anyone wants one in the said ZT400 ;)

Well I'm up for having a bash, having done some before. I have a couple of jobs to do first thing, but you could prepare by taking the seats out to get started.

Would also be a big help if we could get a workbenh / table to work on instead of scrabbling on the floor. Will need to be substantial as the seats are NOT light things.

Are the seat backs solid, or made from the same material as the reast of the seat covers?

Also, are the new covers complete with foams, or do we have to transfer the foams from one to the other? I ask as that's a subsantial job in it's own right. They are fixed with steel 'Hog' rings. I replaced mine with zip ties (cable ties) and worked fine, but we need to be prepared, especially if you want to do the job with the proper Hog rings, as I don't have the tool, and wouldn't be sure how to use it if I did (that's why I used cable ties).

Edit: good excuse to buy some new toys (sorry tools) so if we do need to change the foams please let me know as soon as you can so I can source them in time.

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:15 #107 

starbug2
i think at the mo i'm down for maybe a meal on the friday night depending on what time i get home assuming the is one, the pol convoy and pol ... not sure about the Saturday night and not sure about the Sunday . may have things to to with bev :gmc:

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:23 #108 

TyphoonTT
I have the right stainless M5 nuts and bolts to fit the stanchions. Just need to remember everything. :gmc:

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:26 #109 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Would also be a big help if we could get a workbenh / table to work on instead of scrabbling on the floor. Will need to be substantial as the seats are NOT light things.

Shall I stick my Black and Decker Workmate in the car then Duncan?
Paul

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:31 #110 

Merl
raistlin wrote:
Merl wrote:Erm I have Powerfolds to be fitted but might leave it for another time as might be asking too much already....

Why's that then Martin? :confused:

Name appended to the OP :)

Because I was being cheeky and trying to get my seat covers changed too.... didn't want to over do it.
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:32 #111 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:
Duncan wrote:Would also be a big help if we could get a workbenh / table to work on instead of scrabbling on the floor. Will need to be substantial as the seats are NOT light things.

Shall I stick my Black and Decker Workmate in the car then Duncan?

Excellent idea. Please do.

Also useful as a stand for the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System). My legs are killing me from all the squatting down trying to operate the laptop on someones drivers seat.

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:42 #112 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Excellent idea. Please do.

Also useful as a stand for the T4. My legs are killing me from all the squatting down trying to operate the laptop on someones drivers seat.

Consider it done :)
Paul

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:44 #113 

raistlin
Merl wrote:Because I was being cheeky and trying to get my seat covers changed too.... didn't want to over do it.

Well, you're going to be involved, as far as you can, in whatever is done to your car I guess Martin so it's up to you :)
Paul

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:45 #114 

TyphoonTT
We'll get done whatever we can mate. I'm an expert at pulling doors off now :mrgreen: . . . . . it's putting them back, with the mirrors folding in phase I struggle with. :whump:

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:48 #115 

Merl
Duncan wrote:
Merl wrote:Right then, should have my ZT and I have the seat covers, if I can book some of you very kind and helpful people I will bring a crate of beer or so for those who would like to help or should I say fit them while I supply beer/tea and coffee as I wil prob be more of a hindrince.... will of course give anything a go with helping and can also give a ride if anyone wants one in the said ZT400 ;)

Well I'm up for having a bash, having done some before. I have a couple of jobs to do first thing, but you could prepare by taking the seats out to get started.

Would also be a big help if we could get a workbenh / table to work on instead of scrabbling on the floor. Will need to be substantial as the seats are NOT light things.

Are the seat backs solid, or made from the same material as the reast of the seat covers?

Also, are the new covers complete with foams, or do we have to transfer the foams from one to the other? I ask as that's a subsantial job in it's own right. They are fixed with steel 'Hog' rings. I replaced mine with zip ties (cable ties) and worked fine, but we need to be prepared, especially if you want to do the job with the proper Hog rings, as I don't have the tool, and wouldn't be sure how to use it if I did (that's why I used cable ties).

Edit: good excuse to buy some new toys (sorry tools) so if we do need to change the foams please let me know as soon as you can so I can source them in time.

I know nothing here so will tell you what I can.

Right then so it isn't as simple as unclipping the old ones and stretching these over the uncovered seats...

swaping like for like so it is black leather with green alcantara going in and black leather grey alcantara coming out, think only difference is these seats were from a manual seat where mine is electric.

Basically it is the leather and alcantara bits with some of the hog rings still in place.... not sure what you mean by foam bits other than padding you put your bum on... hang on will take a pic and attach:

That should be the biggest help!

some of the old hog rings are there but if cable ties work thats fine by me! cable ties are great things :D

Now time to run and hide!!
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:50 #116 

Merl
raistlin wrote:
Merl wrote:Because I was being cheeky and trying to get my seat covers changed too.... didn't want to over do it.

Well, you're going to be involved, as far as you can, in whatever is done to your car I guess Martin so it's up to you :)

Yup I plan on helping as much as I can! :D
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:51 #117 

DeuxGazoles
I'm saying nowt :lol:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:52 #118 

Merl
TyphoonTT wrote:We'll get done whatever we can mate. I'm an expert at pulling doors off now :mrgreen: . . . . . it's putting them back, with the mirrors folding in phase I struggle with. :whump:

lol that made me giggle about your powerfolds!! Though if I am fitting mine they will probably end up flapping and I will take off.... ;)
Martin

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 20:53 #119 

raistlin
Merl wrote:Though if I am fitting mine they will probably end up flapping and I will take off.... ;)

Not if you use a properly constructed loom surely :confused: :lol:
Paul

Posted 15 Mar 2011, 21:03 #120