Music Magpie by raistlin

raistlin
SWMBO saw an advert for Music Magpie earlier today on the TV. They buy your old CDs, DVDs etc.

She immediately put two and two together and got five ;)

I keep all my music in MP3 format and the CDs are in boxes in the loft... quite a few... well, about 1200 so she saw an opportunity to get rid of them and make a few bob into the bargain.

The problem is, of course, if I got rid of the CDs, I'd have to delete the MP3 files as I'd no longer have a right to them. That small problem had escaped SWMBO :lol:

However, for a laugh, I dragged out 40 or so of my stored CDs and entered them into their web site. Offered me just over £62 for the lot. Not bad if you were wanting to get rid of some CDs or DVDs.

They seem to have had mixed reviews on the 'net though. However, most of the negative comments come from people with an inflated sense of their Disks' value.

Hmm... I have a load of DVDs I never watch any more :mrgreen:

They seem to be a bit like the "We buy any car" of CD and DVD buyers ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 06 Nov 2010, 17:13 #1 

JohnDotCom
I wonder if a certain lady would notice a few hundred classic old DVDs disappearing? :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Nov 2010, 18:07 #2 

SpongeBob
JohnDotCom wrote:I wonder if a certain lady would notice a few hundred classic old DVDs disappearing? :gmc:

She will now you've said that John ;) :roll:

Posted 06 Nov 2010, 19:26 #3