Memory Drivers Seat by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Am I correct in thinking that replacing my present electric powered driver's seat with a memory one is just a case of 'Plug & Play'?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 21 Jan 2016, 22:46 #1 

Duncan
Mostly yes. There's a bit of a question mark over whether Kbus connection is needed. There have been many memory seats fitted into cars, without the Kbus connection and they have worked fine, but at a recent Nano we have seen one that wouldn't play unless kbus was connected. We didn't figure it out completely but my current guess is later memory seats shut down without kbus.

Posted 24 Jan 2016, 20:51 #2 

Bermudan 75
Thank you Duncan, from what you say it would seem that I should be ok, my car was built in September 2003 and the memory seat is from 2001.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 24 Jan 2016, 23:05 #3 

Devilish
If your 2001 has original wiring loom then the 2003 memory seat will work. I too could not fathom the kbus communication thing, I have retro wired loads the same way, and only 2 had memory function issues that made no sense. I had no idea though for sure wether the memory seat ECU (Engine Control Unit) was sticking its nose in. Plus I did not have (well never have had) one I knew worked to try.
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 25 Jan 2016, 14:53 #4