Logic... of a sort by raistlin (Page 2 of 2)

Bernard
takestock wrote:Just thinking about that statement, after a few beers I have difficulty in maintaining my dignity and usually end up snogging Mick............ :rolling:

Holy crap! I'm not going to sleep tonight with that vision now implanted!

Where's the sick bag? :nurse:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 12:07 #21 

MrB
A friend of mine has recently returned to work after a long time off following a breakdown.

She had a counsellor who's job it was to offer her advice and assistance. I should add as part of her breakdown she ended up separated and homeless.

The advice she was given was to reduce her hours at work to 16 hours per week and that would maximise her total income including benefits.

She wasn't, and in fact still isn't, in the right place mentally to question this, but we were amazed.

"Work less hours and you'll be better off" - no wonder there are these people with no ambition or inclination to get a job.

I do sympathise with those who are genuinely trying their hardest to get back to work, but get tarred with the same brush. Haven't been in that position for a long time, but that fortnightly visit to the dole office was enough motivation for me to get myself another job as soon as I could. I did temp jobs sweeping the streets of Bradford, gardening, secretarial work and van driving rather than go in those doors again.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 12:08 #22 

raistlin
takestock wrote:Just thinking about that statement, after a few beers I have difficulty in maintaining my dignity and usually end up snogging Mick............ :rolling:

Did you HAVE to raise that particular visual delight at lunchtime Dave? ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 12:25 #23 

Zeb
At the moment I just work for free....still find it ironic that I am offering careers / educational advice, Cv help and other counselling when I am not currently working meself.... :roll: :gmc:...

So, Zeb thinks he should set up his own business....any suggestions? (And no I am NOT buying the bloody club just so as it can actually be run as opposed to being set adrift... :evil: )

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 17:46 #24 

Rammie
This seems to bring home the point about benefit cheats quite well.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe ... tline.html

I know, I know, it's The Sun but at least they are pointing a finger or two
Unfortunately, we, as a Nation appear to be so apathetic over this sort of thing that we just accept it as the way it is. What a waste of hard earned cash.

I have no problem with genuine cases but the baby producers that just breed to maintain their current lifestyle of Drink, Fags, Holidays, Cars etc just get me going.

My Son & his wife work their socks off to keep their heads above water whilst their next door neighbours produce a baby every 12 months, they now have 8 with another on the way, and they get every labour saving device given to them, top of the range tellys, housing benefits, child benefit etc. etc. Neither of the parents work, because they don't have to with all that they are given.
GRRRR, makes my blood boil. Sorry, rant over for now.
Brian

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 18:54 #25 

raistlin
Rammie wrote:This seems to bring home the point about benefit cheats quite well.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fe ... tline.html

I'm very familiar with the case of the dog breeder in the West Midlands Brian. She has also come to our attention during more than one RSPCA prosecution.
Paul

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 19:08 #26 

Rammie
Hi Paul,
Can I presume she is still doing this then?

Brian
Brian

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 19:11 #27 

raistlin
If I recall correctly, she is serving a community sentence for the fraud, having suddenly recovered her health.

The breeding firm still exists but as she is disqualified from owing animals for, I think, ten years, she merely fronts the firm and has another woman who actually does the work.
Paul

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 19:43 #28 

Rammie
Well, that should stop it then? Just seems to deflect the issue and now happens by the back door, maybe?
Brian

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 19:47 #29 

raistlin
Stop what?
Paul

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 19:57 #30 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:If I recall correctly, she is serving a community sentence for the fraud, having suddenly recovered her health.

The breeding firm still exists but as she is disqualified from owing animals for, I think, ten years, she merely fronts the firm and has another woman who actually does the work.

Just what is a community sentence?
is it any form of deterrent and does it cost the taxpayer a fortune to supervise?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 19:59 #31 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:Just what is a community sentence?
is it any form of deterrent and does it cost the taxpayer a fortune to supervise?

Outwith the scope of this thread I'd say Bernard but happy to discuss on a specific thread or via PM or at the weekend ;)
Paul

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 20:00 #32 

Rammie
Sorry, her community sentence should stop her illegal activities in the dog breeding dept!
But then again maybe not :whump:
Brian

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 20:02 #33 

raistlin
Rammie wrote:Sorry, her community sentence should stop her illegal activities in the dog breeding dept!
But then again maybe not :whump:

If she isn't actually handling the animals, she isn't doing something illegal.
Paul

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 20:07 #34