Lines on IPK by Trebor

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Trebor
Just a query about 2 vertical lines that have appeared on a the ZT IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) , it still works fine but is it on its way out and/ or can it be fixed ?

The other thing that happens is when a door is open and the symbol appears in red on the IPK , the whole top half of the IPK is also highlighted red which is not the same on the IPK i have on the diesel
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 Jul 2014, 21:33 #1 

Duncan
The lines, I think just get worse. Not sure about the other, as both mine have later packs in.

Posted 18 Jul 2014, 13:17 #2 

PaulT
Is it the display that goes faulty? If it is wonder if the display is a standard item and not unique to the 75/ZT
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Jul 2014, 17:30 #3 

Duncan
No. It's the flexible connection, and as far as I know it is custom glass anyway.

Posted 19 Jul 2014, 08:36 #4 

Bermudan 75
One day earlier in the year I had 2 vertical lines but disappeared and have not been back since.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 22 Jul 2014, 21:51 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
I had a couple of lines which would appear the go away but after about 6 months I am now left with an IPK which as more lines than on the back of my hands, I have just this week purchased a brand new one from rubyrover item No 190804067808 this as the built in PDC sounder for the later models facelift 2004 onwards.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190804067808? ... EBIDX%3AIT

All I need to do now is get it fitted and T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) which hopefully I have in hand or maybe get it sorted at next nano Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Sep 2014, 01:14 #6 

Last edited by Arctic on 19 Sep 2014, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.

PaulT
Arctic - what is the PDC sounder. The reason for asking is that my 2004 has chirruped a couple of times in recent weeks.
Paul

Posted 18 Sep 2014, 09:21 #7 

Duncan
The later IPKs can use the built in speaker (as used by the other bongs and beeps) for the PDC, so the separate PDC speaker isn't needed. If you fit an older pack without the software that supports this, the PDC in newer cars will go silent.

Posted 18 Sep 2014, 17:39 #8 

PaulT
Showing my ignorance - what does PDC stand for? Could it be the parking distance sensors?
Paul

Posted 18 Sep 2014, 22:23 #9 

Duncan
Park Distance Control. So, yes.

Posted 19 Sep 2014, 15:46 #10