Just rang... by Mad-Monkey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
For a quote and started getting pressured into buying there and then as they beat my current renewal price. It was an excellent price but when I said I wanted to go away and compare and ring my current insurer I got the hard sell :(

If a company is providing a good service surely a hard sell is not necessary, I felt like putting the phone down :(

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 15:13 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Just had the quote come through on a text and it's gone up £84 already :-?

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 15:39 #2 

PaulT
No doubt the call centre staff are on commission hence they want your money. Not a pleasant way of doing business
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 19:15 #3 

Trebor
its probably because they know what the % of customers is that dont come back so they strike whilst they have your attention, but as a matter of principle i would now go elsewhere.

I have found Direct Line pretty good, and beat most of the quotes i could get via comparison websites
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 19:47 #4 

Mad-Monkey
Directline were quite expensive, nationwide are coming up the cheapest at the moment and it seems to match my current policy but cheaper excess. Not sure how they handle claims if one was made though, but that's the trouble with most insurers.

I'm not using Adrian Flux, they only held the quote till 7pm today and said I'd lose it if I didn't purchase, so balls to them :(

Posted 13 Mar 2012, 20:02 #5 

ceedy
Best keep an eye on the small print ( I konw we don't read it !! ) ..... cancellation charges etc ... bit most noticably the amount of NCB they use/record ... you can lose out if you move on again in the future....

Eg I've got in theory 40 yrs + but some do 7 , some 9 some 15, some more etc ... going the wrong way in a policy move can
cost !

A good idea to keep your old policy docs to prove your history ?..lack of claims etc ..it can help !! :gmc:
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 14 Mar 2012, 11:45 #6