iPad, YouTube and Forum by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
Im having trouble viewing any thread with YouTube videos embedded. It only seems to be this site I'm having issues with, so I don't know if it's maybe something someone could have a quick look at or explain. The videos are the right width but extremely long and then the scroll freezes and you can't watch the video.

Any ideas?

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 21:32 #1 

SpongeBob
Do you have an example of topic to hand, perchance?

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 21:43 #2 

Mad-Monkey
Arctics head gasket thread with the videos

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 22:00 #3 

Mad-Monkey
mg-zt-1-8-hgf-t4239.html

This one. The videos are mega long and the iPad struggles to scroll if at all.

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 22:02 #4 

SpongeBob
It would seem that what happens is that the automatic replacement of YouTube video URL's is being done correctly (to some extent) but then the insertion of the videos into the post falls apart at the last moment. Now I know YouTube videos are actually played back in browsers using the Flash plug-in which I also know is not an option with iOS. To address this I'll make a note to roll out a fix in a future update to the underlying template that builds the pages you view. So, as they say... watch this space.... :)

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 22:42 #5 

Ragman
SpongeBob wrote:It would seem that what happens is that the automatic replacement of YouTube video URL's is being done correctly (to some extent) but then the insertion of the videos into the post falls apart at the last moment. Now I know YouTube videos are actually played back in browsers using the Flash plug-in which I also know is not an option with iOS. To address this I'll make a note to roll out a fix in a future update to the underlying template that builds the pages you view. So, as they say... watch this space.... :)

Sounds good - no idea what it means, but sounds good

Posted 06 Mar 2012, 23:31 #6 

Mad-Monkey
Ta, it works on other pages so not sure what's happening! Beyond me I'm afraid but thanks for sorting a fix out :)

Posted 07 Mar 2012, 06:53 #7 

Mad-Monkey
Still not working :(

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 13:52 #8 

Trebor
And has been the same for me when viewing from i pad for ages
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 14:34 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Same for me on iPad iOS 5.1.1 Unfortunately I don't have the technical expertise to effect a fix. We can only wait for Simon to work it out if he gets the time in his very busy life.

Just testing as the urls in the quoted post looked a bit dodgy, sorry to say the problem still persists when trying other formats.

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 14:42 #10 

Jürgen
Mick wrote:Same for me on iPad iOS 5.1.1

No difference with iOS 6.0.

Posted 05 Oct 2012, 15:08 #11