Internet Explorer 11? by Mick

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mick
(Site Admin)
Is anybody using IE 11 and having problems logging in or posting using the "Full Editor"?

I have a member who is having great difficulty with the above on two different machines. I presume there is some incompatibility. No other reports have been made on this subject.

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 14:31 #1 

Devilish
I unchecked MS compatibility and added this site, it does not work, Chicken Pie < typed that myself
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 15:46 #2 

Devilish
I will give Firefox a bash the weekend

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 15:47 #3 

Devilish
Someone must be using IE 11 with Windows 7

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 15:51 #4 

Jürgen
This text has been posted using the Full Editor with IE11 on Win7 (in VMware). The buttons above the text box don't have any effect. So I can type just plain text.

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 16:06 #5 

Jürgen
:whump: Now I've added the URL of the community to the trusted sites.

Internet options -- Security -- Trusted sites

Now it does work. :mrgreen:

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 16:11 #6 

Jürgen
:scared: And now it's about time again to click on the shut down button of Windows. :gmc:

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 16:14 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks for looking into it Jürgen.

Anybody else?

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 16:58 #8 

humphshumphs
Normally use Chrome, but am doing this post on Windows 7 using IE11. Standard settings, not added the site to 'compatibility mode', and seems to be ok.

Will try and break it :)

Umm seems to be ok :bed: and even the smilies work :thumbsup:
Richard

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 18:04 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks Richard
The issue is with the log in screen and the full editor not displaying a text box.

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 18:08 #10 

humphshumphs
Mick wrote:Thanks Richard
The issue is with the log in screen and the full editor not displaying a text box.

Didn't have any problem with the log in screen, and doing this post in the full editor without any problem. Only thing I have noticed is sometimes it doesn't go to the page correctly, just pops up the "I can't find the page" message, do a refresh and all is well again.

I'll continue using IE11 on this site to see what falls over (if anything)
Richard

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 18:51 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks again most helpful. No apparent incompatibility, which is good news for me but, not such good news for Steve. He's going to test another browser. Which no bad thing.

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 19:16 #12 

Duncan
Not seen any problems with IE11 myself either. Well at least not new ones. I have an issue with scripts, but it seems to be worse in other browsers anyway. Must do a clean W7 install again sometime!

Posted 12 Dec 2013, 20:50 #13 

Devilish
Well I have tried everything with IE 11 on both PC's and still have the same problem. I installed Firefox thinking I would be coming back to type CHICKEN PIE, alas all is well. In fact I have been unable to make Firefox give me the same problem as IE 11 by messing with it. So CHICKEN PIE to IE.
My thanks to those who had a nose into it.

Posted 13 Dec 2013, 01:20 #14 

Duncan
Do you have the same AV software on your problem PCs? I'm convinced my problem is down to AVG even though I replaced it with something else. At work, my eight week old W7 PC regularly hangs big style (long press on the power button to fix), and I'm convinced AVG is the culprit.

Posted 13 Dec 2013, 21:11 #15 

Trebor
I have W7 and Firefox and Macafee, causes me no issues at all
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Dec 2013, 21:35 #16 

Jürgen
When I tested yesterday, F-Secure has been active.

Posted 13 Dec 2013, 22:01 #17 

Devilish
It is not AV software Duncan, I have Macafee running on both machines, although it does hang a little on the odd occasion if I have more than 6 tabs open. I uninstalled all software one one of the PC's and it made no difference. What does not help is the fact that both PC's are the same.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-p ... 2-pdt.html
This is the only site I have this problem with.

The problem is when posting a new thread or opening the full editor to reply, I get no text box, just the blue area where the cursor can be seen blinking.
All the function buttons work ok. I can type and submit what I type, but I cannot see what I am typing. I only get the problem with IE, Firefox is fine, I just switch browsers for this site. Screenshots below.

IE11 screen shot
Firefox screenshot
I have added this site to compatibility list and turned off MS compatibility using IE and still the same.
It cannot be Windows 7, Macafee, or IE11 because others have no problem,
With Firefox and other browsers I have no problem no matter what I do to compatibility settings.
Cannot be the machines because why does Firefox, Safari, and Chrome work ok.
I have tried the following also:-
Held both hands above my head.
Tilted my head to one side.
Switched the light off.
switched the printer on.
Opened the desk drawers.
Opened the window.
Took my coffee off the desk and put it on the window sill.
I hope this is making no sense to someone else.

Posted 14 Dec 2013, 03:33 #18 

humphshumphs
Devilish wrote:It is not AV software Duncan, I have Macafee running on both machines, although it does hang a little on the odd occasion if I have more than 6 tabs open. I uninstalled all software one one of the PC's and it made no difference. What does not help is the fact that both PC's are the same.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-p ... 2-pdt.html
This is the only site I have this problem with.

The problem is when posting a new thread or opening the full editor to reply, I get no text box, just the blue area where the cursor can be seen blinking.
All the function buttons work ok. I can type and submit what I type, but I cannot see what I am typing. I only get the problem with IE, Firefox is fine, I just switch browsers for this site. Screenshots below.

IE11 screen shot
Firefox screenshot
I have added this site to compatibility list and turned off MS compatibility using IE and still the same.
It cannot be Windows 7, Macafee, or IE11 because others have no problem,
With Firefox and other browsers I have no problem no matter what I do to compatibility settings.
Cannot be the machines because why does Firefox, Safari, and Chrome work ok.
I have tried the following also:-
Held both hands above my head.
Tilted my head to one side.
Switched the light off.
switched the printer on.
Opened the desk drawers.
Opened the window.
Took my coffee off the desk and put it on the window sill.
I hope this is making no sense to someone else.

Ah, I now know the problem.... you should have opened the drawers after opening the windows. :rolling:

I have also found that a site I use for work (cushycms) has the same problem with IE11, so it's not just this forum. Obviously Microsoft have done something that doesn't read PHP code correctly on some sites.

I will investigate further and report back if I can find anything. :angry:
Richard

Posted 14 Dec 2013, 06:57 #19 

JohnDotCom
I use IE11 with Win7 on one machine and haven't experienced any problems since I started using it.
Loaded. Clean install for each.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 14 Dec 2013, 21:06 #20