Insurance Costs by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi all who's insurance costs have either gone up by 33% 50% or in some cases even doubled, i have seen and read it's because the costs of paint as risen, so has labour charges, parts, energy, to run offices etc.

How about those whom never make a claim and most of our cars would be wrote off anyways, not repaired, i had my renewal quote from hasting direct been with them for 10yr Tourer went up by 33%it was on a multicar insurance with the FL2 which they could not give me a quote on so had to go else where for the FL2 which then cost me double.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 10 Nov 2023, 10:15 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
My ZT 180 Sport Auto is now £193.00 with Adrian Flux, The renewal notice from Peter Best increased from £187 last year to just under £300 this, They would not budge on the price, hence my return after 1 year to AF. Always best to shop around even if your renewal quote looks reasonable. Mileage is set at 3000 and voluntary excess is 0, as I hardly use the car these days, otherwise most bells and whistles on the policy. Agreed value is also available for a small extra charge.
I moved from AF to PB last year as AF was playing the same game as PB this year. Always happy to play them or any other against each other. Quite why they do this to long standing customers is beyond me.

BTW the way my second car, 1972 Midget is about £63.00 with Adrian Flux, mileage and excess as above. Agreed value is £9000. No road tax and no MOT required. (I do keep it in top roadworthy condition.)

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 15.11.22.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 10 Nov 2023, 15:12 #2 

takestock
Wifes golf plus went frolm £320 to £515 before the phonecall. after talking to them it came down to £350. As some know we are looking for a freelander 2 to replace the ageing but ever so reliable golf Plus. First enquires about insurance for the freelander 2 are circa £700
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Nov 2023, 15:22 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
takestock wrote:Wifes golf plus went frolm £320 to £515 before the phonecall. after talking to them it came down to £350. As some know we are looking for a freelander 2 to replace the ageing but ever so reliable golf Plus. First enquires about insurance for the freelander 2 are circa £700

Hi Dave.
When you do your search try adding other drivers to the insurance, this can sometime bring it down, also job title, yes my insurance was not far off your £700 mark Churchill, from £250 last year with Hastings, so I'm Avia with one FL2 next year i will try a single company for both cars
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Nov 2023, 10:28 #4 

Duncan
Pretty well all of ours have gone up around 50%. I'm amazed I can't get classic insurance on my V6 yet given it's 24 years old. Got a stupid quote from Lancaster, and they rang, texted, and emailed within seconds even though I'd selected for email only contact.

I have looked at SORN insurance for it. Got a quote for £45 which seemed OK, except they would only value it at £190.

Posted 13 Jan 2024, 18:25 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:Pretty well all of ours have gone up around 50%. I'm amazed I can't get classic insurance on my V6 yet given it's 24 years old. Got a stupid quote from Lancaster, and they rang, texted, and emailed within seconds even though I'd selected for email only contact.

I have looked at SORN insurance for it. Got a quote for £45 which seemed OK, except they would only value it at £190.

Hi Duncan
Hope all is well, we are being ripped off, it's about time the insurance industry had a big shake up, ie insure the car not the person, if they want to stick with the person then those whom have a good track record should pay less until their record is tainted for what ever reason.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Jan 2024, 01:38 #6