If you couldn't have your 75............ by carlpenn (Page 1 of 2)

carlpenn
What would you drive?

Since 1999 I have owned and driven Rover cars. I don't know what it is about them I love so much, but I do. If I couldn't have my 75 I would have to choose the 600. I previusly had a Rover 600 (Until my wife ran it dry and blew head gasket to smithereens) and it was a beautiful luxurious car. Granted the refinements of the 75 where not there, but all the same, a lovely car, comfy seating and a great long distance traveller. As with the 75 the car looked awesome when polished, it was a Dark Blue colour (cannot remember Rover name for it)

So.....

What would you have and why?
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 08:30 #1 

DeuxGazoles
Well I bet you nobody can guess what I'd have :D :rolling:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 08:50 #2 

MrB
If I had the money a Jaguar XF Diesel.

Though I can't think of anything else I would have for the money you can get a 75 for.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 08:55 #3 

Bernard
I would agree about the 600. I had one from new on an 'L' plate, whatever year that was.
The only criticism I had was the limited turning circle.

Well, we can't really go back and we have to stay within the realms of reality (just about) so I would say the Range Rover Vogue Supercharged.

Got to be the best all round car that I have ever driven and S/H they are in Mondeo money area.
Comfort, luxury, speed and handling, it's got the lot. :)

Just a worry if it goes wrong, that's going to stop me having one. It's not a car you're going to fix much yourself.

So, dunno really. Not a question that I want to face up to. :panic:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 08:55 #4 

JakeWilson
XJR6 I think for me.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 09:20 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Maserati Quattroporte and a proper Fiat 500 for when the Mas is off the road. :)

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 09:56 #6 

Zeb
When I reached the point of not being able to have a 75...I acquired a couple of MG ZTs instead... :D

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 10:21 #7 

carlpenn
Mick wrote:Maserati Quattroporte and a proper Fiat 500 for when the Mas is off the road. :)

My Wife wants a Fiat 500, I told her she can have one with the Divorce that would follow........... :lol:

Saying that, they seem to be a popular car so cannot be all that bad.
Upgrades:

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 14:38 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
carlpenn wrote:
Mick wrote:Maserati Quattroporte and a proper Fiat 500 for when the Mas is off the road. :)

My Wife wants a Fiat 500, I told her she can have one with the Divorce that would follow........... :lol:

I was thinking more this era for the 500

Fiat-500-Period-Photos-Fiat-500-F-1920x1440.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 14:49 #9 

carlpenn
Mick wrote:
carlpenn wrote:

aaah............ :gmc:

I really didn't know that the 500 was a reversion of an old one, I suppose the same as the 75 really? But I didn't know that lol. I wonder if I got a Rough one off Ebay for £50 if it would suffice, after all th Wife only said a 500....lol ;)
Upgrades:

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 14:51 #10 

James.uk
I would join Colin and get a BIG diesel Volvo I think.. Or maybe a med size diesel peeps carrier of some sort?? Note? Renault, Citroen? :confused:

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 15:32 #11 

Beejay
Endeavour to find another 620 ti in Metalic Oxford Blue, as my previous car, it had all the gadgets and in the right place (light switch on the stalk). It was comfortable, fast, economical 2 Ltr compared to my 1.8 N/A, more storage, just a joy to drive.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 15:50 #12 

SpongeBob
I'd have probably ended up with a BMW 3-series.

*ducks and runs for cover* :panic:

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 20:02 #13 

loz1971
I think it would be a Volvo V70 D5 for me, and you never know, it may be soon!!
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 21:41 #14 

JohnDotCom
Will keep the 75's till finally dead, but have a Jaguar XF Coupe for everyday use.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 22:12 #15 

payner75t
some sort of supermini probably (already have large mpv).
alfa mito or citroen ds3 maybe an mg3 when available.
the french have invaded my roverspace

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 22:21 #16 

Mick
(Site Admin)
carlpenn wrote:
Mick wrote:
carlpenn wrote:

aaah............ :gmc:

I really didn't know that the 500 was a reversion of an old one, I suppose the same as the 75 really? But I didn't know that lol. I wonder if I got a Rough one off Ebay for £50 if it would suffice, after all th Wife only said a 500....lol ;)

You can get one in good nick for between 6K and 20K. Much sort after now.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 22:42 #17 

Dallas
If I couldn't have my 75............ I would have someone else's :lol: or the R55, that car is just simply STUNNING..... :clap:

I don't know what I would have really...... :confused: cant get the R55 out of my head...... after only finding out about in a few days ago..... :thumbsup:

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 23:27 #18 

JakeWilson
This please, I have decided now!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1862534.htm

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 11:22 #19 

loz1971
JakeWilson wrote:This please, I have decided now!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1862534.htm

Mick Brown (from Capital FM in the 90s) used to have one of those, used to see him driving in and out of Fairmile drive in Cobham in it, very nice too!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 20 Aug 2010, 14:36 #20